Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Family Friendly Food

Today I am once again linking up with Julie + friends for their Kid Test, Mom Approved link up party. 


I've talked A LOT about feeding Kenley, but what's one more post? Right? 

In case you missed the previous posts, you can get caught up here: 


Since I've already kind of covered the bases, I thought today I'd share a typical meal plan for Kenley now that she is 9, almost 10 months old. 

Kenley is still drinking 5 formula bottles / day - which in just over two months we get to be done with! WAHOO! I am so ready to be done with formula and introduce cow's milk. Other than that Kenley is all about solids. She has been introduced to pretty much all of the foods she is allowed to have {no cows milk, no eggs and very little sugar - which is my request}.

So here's what a day in the life of Kenley looks like. 

6:30-7:00am - 5oz bottle when she wakes up. 
9:00am - Yogurt for Breakfast. Her favorites are YoBaby & Gerber. 
9:30am - 5oz bottle before morning nap. 
12:00pm - Lunch which usually consists of oatmeal cereal, cottage cheese & some sort of fruit mix - either one of my purees or an applesauce-to-go squeeze. She'll usually have a bottle around this time as well.
2:00ish - Snack time! Kenley is obsessed with the little Yogurt Melts but also loves veggie puffs, lil crunchies and wagon wheels.
3:00pm - 5oz bottle before afternoon nap
6:00pm - Dinner! Dinner time is so much easier now as Kenley will usually just have a teeny portion of whatever Jason and I are having. For example, last night she had a turkey meatball (cut up of course), some whole grain brown rice and broccoli. If Jason and I are eating something I don't K is ready for I will usually give her a homemade veggie puree, some black beans and some rice cereal or some avocado. I think black beans and avocados are her favorite food right now, which makes her Mexican-loving-mama extremely happy.
7:30-8:00pm - BEDTIME! After her bath and before she goes to bed Kenley has one more 5oz bottle. 

I couldn't be more proud of the good eater that Kenley has become! Not only does the kid eat A LOT but she really loves everything she tries. For now I'm keeping her away from sugary foods and juice because she has her whole life to enjoy sugar. For now I want her to continue to love healthy fruits and veggies! 

So there you have it! I'd love to hear what you other mamas are doing for baby food & schedules. I'm always curious to hear what works well for other families and get new ideas!

And before I go, I want to wish my dear friend Carolyn a HAPPY DUE DATE!

Let's get that little Beebo out of there! 



Link up every Tuesday!





11 comments:

Jessica said...

What a great eater!! :)

KatiePerk said...

Hooray! She is doing great!!

Kristen said...

I am totally emailing you about foods when Ellie is ready. You have down pro and I'm with you in wanting to keep the sugars away.

Jess Beer said...

So glad she likes avocado now! I remember when she didn't and you were sad :)

the girl in the red shoes said...

Kenley is such a good little eater! Thanks for linking up!

Bridget said...

I seriously reference your blog for everything when I hit certain milestones with Turner. Your food posts have been great. I panic thinking about having to move on to something different...only because I just don't know when he'll be ready for the next step.

MIL said...

Good blog. Kenley with the sunglasses on is sooo cute and funny with the one hand baba holding! Can't wait for Beeb & Jake too. She looks great! I love you all! Hey, thanks for your blog, I appreciate it!

rachel said...

Oh how I wish my little guy liked avocado! Sounds like you've got a good eater on your hands. :)

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Love this post! I'm just starting to look into how to introduce Elliott solid foods and which route we're going to take. You're so lucky K is such a great eater!

Laura said...

how awesome she enjoys so much great food! That must be so exciting to introduce her to new foods and things!

ajs {of MN} said...

i love her healthy diet!!

i am lucky with a good eater too that will try everything at least once!