Friday, January 31, 2014

My Week in Food

I have received a ton of comments and emails regarding my Budget Friendly Healthy Meal Planning tips and a bunch of you have said it's inspired you to hop on the meal planning train. Again, I can't say enough about how much meal planning has helped me both in the healthy eating department and in the budgeting department. I thought since so many of you are trying to meal plan I would share what I planned and ate this past week in hopes of giving you some ideas.  

I should preface this by saying I eat pretty much the same breakfast, lunch and snack every day. It's not super exciting but I typically don't get sick of what I'm eating and it eliminates the need to buy ingredients for multiple different lunches thus saving money - I do definitely mix them up week-to-week so I don't get sick of anything. 

1 cup Almond Milk, 1 Banana, 1tbsp Organic Peanut Butter
{I don't use ice because I prefer the creamy and smooth consistency}

--or--

1 cup Almond Milk, 1 cup Fresh Baby Spinach, 1/4 cup Frozen Peaches, 1/4 cup Frozen Mango, 1 celery stalk


Chickenless Noodleless Soup {inspired by Erin's Noodleless Chicken Soup}
32oz Vegetable Broth, 2 cans Garbanzo Beans {drained}, Carrots, Celery, White Onion, Cauliflower, 2 cups water, 1.5 tsp Rosemary, 1 tsp Sage, pinch of S&P {makes 12 cups, I have 3 cups for lunch}

--or--

1/2 Avocado, 1 tbsp Reduced Fat Feta Cheese, 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar, 1/3 Cucumber, 2 tbsp Hummus


4 5inch Celery Stalks w/ 1 tbsp Organic Peanut Butter

--and--

1/3 Cucumber w/ 2 tbsp Hummus


Throw 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts in a crock pot with 1 celery stalk, 1/2 onion (chopped) & 16oz Vegetable Broth. Cook on low for 8 hours, remove chicken and shred. Reserve 1/2 cup vegetable broth from crock pot & throw the rest. Return chicken to crock pot with 1/2 cup broth & 1/2 cup Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce - cook for 30 more minutes. Serve with lettuce, carrots and celery {would be amazing with ranch dressing if your diet allows}.


For Sauce: 1lb extra lean ground beef OR 1lb extra lean ground turkey, 1 can tomato sauce, 1 can tomato paste, 1/2 onion (chopped), Garlic, Oregano, Basil, S&P. Brown meat then add remaining ingredients to taste - let simmer for 10 minutes.
For "noodles": Add 1 bag Broccoli Slaw to pot and add 1 cup of water. Boil until water has evaporated, slaw should be soft but not wilted.


Combine 1lb extra lean ground turkey, 1 package frozen spinach (cooked & drained well), 1 egg, 2 tbsp Coconut Flour, 1/2 onion (chopped), 2 gloves garlic (chopped), 1/4 cup cilantro, 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 2 tsp oregano, S&P. Form fist sized meatballs, cooked in greased pan for 15-20 minutes (or until inside is cooked) at 400 degrees. Serve with black beans and avocado!

I would say that Jason and I eat 98% of dinners at home, and of course the week I decide to document my meals I had THREE away from home dinners - go figure. Eating at restaurants is so hard when you're trying to eat a certain way, so I'm learning to make the best possible decisions despite the 1,000 calorie + salads and tempting queso dips. This week I did really well with 2/3 of the meals out:

Sunday = Country Club dinner with my step-dad, Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Monday = Business dinner at Raku, California Roll & Cucumber Roll made with Brown Rice & Gluten Free Soy Sauce
Failed to take a picture of my sushi because I didn't feel like explaining to my co-workers and clients that I have a blog and need to photograph everything I eat. #weirdo


Wednesday = Timberwolves tickets with FREE food & drinks, also known as CHEAT DAY, see below:


..............AND..............

Everyone congratulate Carrie! She won the FREE 8x10 Canvas Print from Easy Canvas Prints!
Carrie - email me at mamaandmou@gmail.com so I can send you your code!


23 comments:

P!nky said...

The broccoli slaw spaghetti sounds awesome, will definitely have to try it out.

Good job with the meal planning, you rock sistah!

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

So many of these meals look delicious - I'm definitely going to make the chicken-less, noodle-less soup...mmm!! And nachos at a sporting event are a must. No question about it!

Ashley said...

Those meatballs look SO GOOD! I'm making them this weekend, if my motivation level is high...haha.

Danielle said...

These look so good!! I so need to start cooking more. And YAY for so many veggies!! MMMM

hello erin said...

I need to be a better meal planner! Dinners are good- but snacks and lunch are the WORST for me!

Carolyn said...

Such a great week of food! :)

Unknown said...

I am on a smoothie kick too! And seriously - that buffalo chicken shredded salad deal looks SO good !

Laura said...

wow what a good, healthy balanced week of meals!! Good for you, very inspirational!

ajs {of MN} said...

#feelinghungry!!

yah carrie s., enjoy!

Stacie said...

You are good at prepping! I don't allow myself enough time to do any of this:( especially smoothies, which I adore. Any suggestions on making the process as simple as possible in the mornings?

Breanna said...

Wow! So many of these look delicious! :) I have to pin this for later! Thanks so much for sharing all of these!

Erin LFF said...

You are rocking your meal plans girl!! Keep at it! I'm def saving the Broccoli Slaw Spaghetii- I want to try it!

Courtney B said...

Are you kidding me?! These meals are AMAZING! Will you cook for me, too? No? Guess I'll just have to pin these, then.
So the smoothies... are they sweet enough for the babes to eat? I'm loving the green smoothie idea for Mia!

Unknown said...

شركة تنظيف مجالس
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض
شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف كنب بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بيارات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف اثاث بالرياض
شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
شركة عزل حراري
شركة عزل مائي
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض

Unknown said...

While the above mentioned ways are too slow to take place and you will find it tough to upsurge the connectionssums even after years, an easier and satisfactory way of doing it is through buying it. buy linkedin connections

Unknown said...

Not more longing to get well-known currently. Buy Facebook Followers as a tactic to increase status and recognition on internet in a shorter time period. website to buy facebook followers

chenmeinv0 said...

coach outlet
valentino shoes outlet
toms shoes
the north face outlet
mizuno shoes
michael kors outlet clearance
cheap nfl jerseys
fitflops sale
nike huarache shoes
michael kors outlet online sale
chenyingying20170313

Unknown said...

Best perk concerning this method of promoting your brand is that you will get prospective purchasers without involving middle guys. buying usa facebook likes

chenmeinv0 said...

ray ban sunglasses uk
true religion jeans
timberland boots uk
ray bans uk
nike air max 2017
adidas zx flux uk
nike sb shoes
mont blanc pens
polo ralph lauren
cheap oakley sunglasses wholesale
chenyingying20170407

Unknown said...

When you are being guaranteed round-the-clock Support Services and lifetime replacement then do not think hard after you Buy facebook reviews from a provider. buy facebook 5 star reviews

Unknown said...

You could market your company by adding as lots of facebook likes as you can, as individuals constantly seek brands and products that have great deal of likes on facebook. buy real usa facebook likes

Unknown said...

if you are starting business on facebook you can easily get here real facebook follower it is helping to make popular your business buy facebook followers

sagar90 said...

Lots of start-ups are working really hard to develop a mark on their own in the blockchain domain. Many small business are eagerly anticipating issuing coin offerings which are also called as ICO. ico white paper writer