Monday, February 3, 2014

The Price is Right Baby Shower Game

Over the weekend I co-hosted a Fox themed baby shower for my buddy Sara and have a full recap coming later this week but today wanted to share my favorite baby shower game, which we played on Saturday.

I love this game because it's easy to plan, fun for the guests and great for the mom-to-be, which in my book counts as a win-win-win.

As the host, all you have to do is buy a collection of baby items. I love having a theme to the items I purchase - for Carolyn's Couples Baby Shower I did a "New Parent Survival Price is Right" and bought items that new moms, dads and babies couldn't live without. For Sara's shower I decided to do "Diaper Bag Price is Right".

So I bought what I think are the MUST HAVE items for your diaper bag....
Diapers, Wipes, Onesies, Change of Clothes, Pacifiers, Pacifier Wipes, Diaper Bag Dispenser, Hand/Face Wipes, Burp Cloths, Diaper Cream and Hand Sanitizer


The only other thing I did was make up a game card that had a list of all the items on it with a place to fill in the price.

To play the game you give each guest a game card, show them the items and then they guess how much each individual item costs, whoever's grand total comes closes to the actual grand total WINS!

But the best part of the game? Mama-to-be gets to go home with all these diaper bag essentials!

It'd be really fun to do this with bath essentials as well, I think I'll give that a try next time!


17 comments:

Ashley said...

I love this game, it's so much fun! We played it at one of my showers and seeing all the varying answers was fun.

hello erin said...

Love this game! Seriously such a fun idea!!

Bridget said...

My sister did this game for my baby shower also...it is really fun!!!

Carolyn said...

Love this!! :) Such a fun shower game!

lo @ crazy ever after said...

I like this idea. And I think it would be hilarious to do at a couples shower too. Could you imagine how off most men would be with those prices? Jesse would be so far up a creek without a paddle. Completely clueless.

P!nky said...

FUN GAME! I always lose cause I HAVE no concept of baby stuff.

Jess Norden said...

How fun!!! I love games at baby showers (that don't including smelling diapers or drinking from a bottle! Haha)

I will have to keep this in mind! Thanks for sharing!

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

What a fun game!! I wish I knew of that one for my Baby shower :)

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

What a fun game!! I wish I knew of that one for my Baby shower :)

~Dawn~ said...

Such a fun game!!!!!!!!!!!

Erin LFF said...

We played this at the last baby shower I went too.... And I was horribly off on EVERYTHING, lol!!

Courtney B said...

I've never seen this before.... CUTEST IDEA EVER! And it really does make the best gift for the new parents to be!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

LOVE this. I usually hate games but I would totally do that for someone--great idea!

Unknown said...

This is such a fun idea ! i have done baby shower bingo but never this game :)

ajs {of MN} said...

fun! i love shower games, im real real REALLY.... good at them. no lie.

Megan said...

What a cute idea! I am actually hosting a baby shower in two weeks that is Co-ed and I have been trying to figure out if I should even do games, but I think this one would be good for everyone!

Anonymous said...

ヅ Great Website to ♫ PLAY ♫ Free Online ღღღ Games daily✔ Updated✔ ☛ http://goo.gl/oVxu7v
Dont Forget to Watch our ✔YouTube Videos and SUBSCRIBE [✔Dijan'sToyChannel YouTube✔] Here ☛ http://goo.gl/AVFBW7