Thursday, April 17, 2014

Buh Bye Baby Weight!

Can I get a WAH-FRICKIN-WHOOOOOOOOOOOO?

IT-IS-GONE! The baby weight is GONE! Sure after almost a year and a half I couldn't really call it baby weight anymore but whatever it's called it's GONE and I am now 3 pounds UNDER my pre-pregnancy weight!!!
my due date vs last night! -36.5 pounds!
Yeaaaahhhhh buddy!
{please don't judge the fact that it still says "40 weeks! Waiting..." on my daughter's door #momfail}

Like I mentioned in my post last week, there is a number in my head that I am striving for BUT my overall health and confidence is my ultimate goal and I can see and feel all of that coming in to place - FINALLY!

Over the weekend I ran in Goldy's 5k and while I've ran several 5k's in the past, this time I crossed the finish line and felt GOOD! My lungs felt good, my legs felt good AND I got my best time EVER. While I was running I just felt lighter and stronger and BETTER. And that feeling is more important and more exciting than any number on the scale!
why yes I am soaking wet from rain...it's was lovely.


I have to thank all of you so much for your kind words, great tips and motivation on last week's post. I read every single word and it was definitely your comments that FINALLY pushed me past that dang number I just couldn't get past! It was so reassuring to hear that so many of you are in the same boat and to get ideas on how to continue to push myself to be the best version I can be. You rock my socks off! Also, blogging about this has really helped hold me accountable - so I hope you like these posts because there will probably be more coming. I don't want this to turn in to a fitness blog but I definitely think fitness and healthy living is a MAJOR part of being a mom.

Another big victory this week....I wore a pair of jeans I haven't worn for almost 3 years to the date, I know this because the last time I fit in them was during our engagement pictures in April 2011.
yup, those jeans!


Enough rambling for this girl...I'm off to the gym or to drink a protein shake or a bunch of raw eggs or whatever it is that in shape {or close to in shape} people do. ;)





be sure to visit my friend:

33 comments:

P!nky said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHO! WAY to go sweet friend! keep rocking it out! I know you will! So proud proud proud of you!

Unknown said...

WAY to GO!!! Great job!!

Dawn said...

You look Ah-MAZING!! So proud of you! Keep.It.Up!!!

Jess Beer said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAY! So proud of you! Was it anything in particular that you think did the trick?

Bridget said...

wooohoooo...good job Kristin!!! So proud of you!!! I also feel like fitness and health are a HUGE part of being a mom! It will also be good for Kenley to see Mom happy (totally not saying you are not happy normally...but we are much happier and feel good when we are feeling great about our body and health) and to teach her about healthy living!

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

WAHOOO!!!! Hey girl hey!!! So awesome for you, doll!!! Xx.

hello erin said...

you're my HERO!!! no joke. hero. way. to. go!!

now lose mine for me too?

Marcie said...

Congrats, Mama! Way to go!

Ashley said...

Woop woop!!! WAY TO GO Kristin!!!

Kelly B. said...

woo hoo! Congrats! I'm so glad you're feeling so great about it- that's really what's most important and what will carry you through the rest of your journey!

Confessions of a Glamour Junkie said...

Congrats! You look amazing!

Carolyn said...

HOLLER!!!!!!!!! :) Go you! So happy for you!

Nikki said...


YAHOOOOOO! Congrats! You look great!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! :) On both the weight loss AND the completion of your 5k! On a completely selfish note, I haven't weighed myself since my last doctor's appointment because seeing that # creep up was stressing me out....ugh!

Jessica said...

Wahooo!!! Congratulations, sweet girl! You should be proud of yourself. That's great! Big YAY for being able to fit into your 'skinny jeans'. I've been down to my pre-pregnancy weight for a while now, but DEFINITELY feel like I could stand some serious toning and tightening. So I will be working to stay fit right there with you:)

Amanda K. said...

Way to go! you look great! And it's awesome that you are feeling so great, too.
I run a lot, but have been dealing with an injury recently so I decided I need to start counting calories again. here we go...

ajs {of MN} said...

YAH congrats!!!! i love that you still have the 40 weeks hanging ;)

KatiePerk said...

Hooray Mama!! That is wonderful news.

Anonymous said...

Well done!!! So proud of your run and feeling better doing it. You are happy, healthy and a hot mama. It's all good. xo m

Kari said...

oh ya!! You are a rock star! way to go! I'd say go have a treat- but maybe a carrot stick instead ;)

MIL said...

Congratulations on your goal! It shows strength and commitment. You look beautiful to me anyway you are! Good posts all week, I enjoy reading them, thank you! Can't wait to see all of the family! Happy Easter to all!

Unknown said...

congrats thats awesome !!!

Cayla said...

Congrats girl!! And way to go runnin' the 5k! I have this goal that maybe someday I'll run that "Big 10" run in Chicago... if I ever start training :)

Ashley @ Life with Kids said...

Congrats girl! That is awesome so proud of you!!!

atparsons.blogspot.com

Kayla MKOY said...

So FREAKING excited for you!!!! What a great accomplishment..girl, you look GREAT!!!

Courtney B said...

Yaaaaay! Congrats hot mama!! Such a huge accomplishment! It's not easy, but it's worth it!

Sarah said...

yay!!! i bet that feels AMAZE!
im glad there is hope for me yet!!!
you look STUNNING in your race pic! flawless!

Angie said...

You look amazing
Congrats!!!

WinterBenson said...

Congrats!! You look great!!

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

Girl you look amazing...congrats! Seriously baby weight...well dropping any weight...is tough and you have to stick to it. You did it and you rocked it!! Now go eat a donut to celebrate! :)

Leah D said...

Yay! Congrats! I'm still on the "baby weight" train and Hailey will be 3 in June. Haha!

Unknown said...

tiffany and co jewelry
oakley sunglasses
ralph lauren femme
hermes outlet
ugg sale
louis vuitton outlet online
longchamp handbag
jordan shoes
the north face jackets
coach outlet online
nhl jerseys
oakley sunglasses wholesale
uggs outlet
polo pas cher
louis vuitton sunglasses
hermes belt for sale
calvin klein underwear
fitflops shoes
ugg boots clearance
fitflops sale
uggs outlet
reebok trainers
longchamp pliage
louis vuitton handbags outlet
mcm outlet
swarovski outlet
ray-ban sunglasses
nba jerseys
ugg boots sale
coach outlet
michael kors outlet online store
nike store uk
nike free running
swarovski jewelry
chaussure louboutin
20160809caihuali

Unknown said...

true religion jeans
timberland boots outlet
yeezy boost 350
gucci outlet
pandora uk
pandora uk
uggs
ray bans
adidas nmd
ralph lauren outlet online
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
polo ralph lauren outlet online
cheap mlb jerseys
the north face outlet
louboutin
coach factory outlet
oakley vault
burberry outlet
longchamp uk
birkenstock sandals
uggs
cheap jordans
nike air max outlet
hugo boss outlet
oakley sunglasses
birkenstock sandals
coach factory outlet
canada goose outlet
michael kors outlet online
ed hardy
rolex watches
kd 9 shoes
michael kors outlet clearance
burberry sale
longchamp outlet
2016913caiyan