Thursday, June 5, 2014

Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps

I don't know about you, but I always feel like eating healthy is so much more expensive and time consuming - I guess that's why they call it "fast food" right? If you are looking for a quick, easy and inexpensive meal that is DELICIOUS and healthy....these Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps are the answer to your prayer.
INGREDIENTS:
1 tablespoon olive oiL
1 pound ground turkey
salt and pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 8oz can chopped water chestnuts
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 cup cooked whole grain brown rice
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 head butter lettuce

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Brown turkey in olive oil over medium heat. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Drain excess fat.
2. Add garlic, bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
3.Stir in hoisin sauce and soy sauce until well combined. Add rice and green onions and gently toss to combine.
4. To serve, suse 1/3 cup of meat mixture in lettuce and chow down lettuce wrap style. 

Could it be any easier???

By my calculations 1/3 cup of meat in a wrap makes each wrap only 53 calories and I kid you not I am stuffed after 3! Can't beat it I tell you. These have definitely become a weekly staple.


{adapted from THIS RECIPE}




12 comments:

Bridget said...

Tate and I have made these for quite some time now...they are super delicious!!!

Kayla MKOY said...

Yum!!!! Yes please!!!! :) thanks for the recipe!!

Katie said...

Okay, these sound amazing. and look amazing. Get in my bellayyy!!!

~Dawn~ said...

Yummmmyyy!!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Yum!!! Totally making these next week!

Carolyn said...

Yup! Jake and I loved these! Jake wants to try a different sauce instead of hoisin next time, but they're SO GOOD!

Courtney B said...

Oh my gosh, freakin' YUM! I've got to try these asap!

Jessica said...

Yum! So, these just made my daily deli meat lunch look so blah and boring. Trying these asap!

Allison said...

I love lettuce wraps so I know I'd love these. Yummmmmm!!! :)

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

These look delicious! I need to try them!

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

I think I might do this with chicken! My tummy and turkey aren't friends...

raybanoutlet001 said...

zzzzz2018.5.3
michael kors handbags
ralph lauren outlet
ralph lauren outlet
air max 90
tory burch handbags
nike shoes
prada shoes
canada goose uk
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren uk