Monday, June 30, 2014

Blog Love

Happy Monday everyone! As you read this I am somewhere near Council Bluffs, Iowa and/or Omaha, Nebraska on a little road trip with my blog loves Carolyn, Andrea & Dawn visiting another blog love Katie. Before we left for our adventure I was thinking how cool it is to be able to meet blog friends in real life {not to mention go on road trips with them} but also how cool blog friends are in general. 

When I say something about a blog friend to a real-life non-blogging friend, they either roll their eyes or get super confused. And, I get it. Telling non-bloggers you have friends through the internet that you've never met but text/email/snapchat/gchat/or on-the-phone-chat with on a regular basis seems weird. 

But as weird as it is, I love having blog friends. I love having a community of women in similar stages of their life who I can shoot an email to to get mom advice, or commiserate with on how much losing weight sucks, or even just find random similarities between us. The blog world is filled with smart, uber creative and super inspiring women and I just think it's so cool that you guys care about my life and that I can follow along and care about yours too.


I also think it's super cool to be able to meet up with blog friends {Erin & Andrea} on vacation {in Las Vegas for Britney Spears nontheless}...


...or to tell a blog friend {Katie} you are pregnant well before you tell the rest of the world which results in a phone call of her screaming "are you serious?!" at the top of her lungs for like 10 straight minutes and then two years later trusting you with her big news before she goes public {SO excited for this baby!}...
 

...or to find someone {Erin} who is so insanely similar to you, you are just certain that you are long lost twins and as a result causes you to tell each other absolutely everything without fear of judgement because no matter how psycho you seem she is equally as psycho. And when you photoshop a picture of the two of you hanging out she doesn't think you are creepy but instead thinks it's awesome and then you both get depressed about the fact that you aren't hanging out in this exact moment.
 Seriously, I do not know what I would do without Erin. Roll your eyes all you want but this girl is seriously my sister-from-another-mister. And when we do finally meet in person...well...I just can't think about that right now.


The moral of this story is that over the past 5+ years of blogging, I have gotten to know some incredible people. And no matter how often I blog or how long it takes me to respond to emails or how bad I am at catching up on your blogs, you all mean a ton to me and I am incredibly thankful to have this community of bloggers be a part of my life - even if my other friends don't get it.


And speaking of BLOG LOVE and real life friends, KARI, you won my Breezy Organization giveaway!!! YAY!
{I'll text you!}

XO.




14 comments:

Cayla said...

I loved this post! Blogfriends turn out to be some of the best friends :) Have fun on your road trip!

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

I've made some awesome friends via blogging too, it's such a great vehicle for meeting people! I'm new to your blog (via the MN Bloggers group) but I've been enjoying reading your posts so far as I've got an almost seven month old at home and you've had some great parenting posts! Hope your trip was a blast!

hello erin said...

It's true! People totally don't get it... And I feel lame saying my "blog friend"!

Erin LFF said...

Freaking LOVE you!

Katie said...

hahaha! I made the list I made the list! I will never forget that call and so glad I got to inform you of the same news when my time came :)

you are the best!!!!!

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

Ah, the eye rolls and the "are you freaking crazy" comments! ha! I swear I talk to my blog friends more than my IRL friends! Enjoy!!

Kayla MKOY said...

Blog friends are just the best, end of story!

Kari said...

I'm so thrilled to win! I never win anything! Cannot wait to get organized- this mama needs some organization in my life!

Anonymous said...

My husband even knows my "blog friends" by name.. haha

~Dawn~ said...

I heart you!

ajs {of MN} said...

i am picturing all 587... THOUSAND RIDICULOUS pictures that you and Erin would take together. i call being your photog for this event!

Cramer Coffee and Jesus said...

Just found your blog from Erin's sidebar :) YAY for a new blogging buddy! Isn't Erin awesome??!! Anyways, I'm following along now via Bloglovin and GFC!

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

Ahhhh I'm still missing my MN girls...such a great weekend!!

Unknown said...

michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
true religion outlet store
adidas yeezy boost
replica watches
fitflops
kate spade handbags
oakley vault sunglasses
michael kors outlet
rolex watches uk
kobe shoes
michael kors outlet clearance
longchamp outlet store
cheap ugg boots
canada goose uk
ugg boots
louboutin
red bottoms outlet online 
ray ban sunglasses
pandora jewelry
christian louboutin shoes
uggs
canada goose
cheap nike shoes
cheap nike air max
christian louboutin outlet
michael kors purses
gucci outlet
polo ralph lauren outlet online
timberland boots
converse outlet
christian louboutin
nike store
louboutin uk
ralph lauren outlet
oakley sunglasses
2016913ciayan