Monday, October 20, 2014

I'm Back!

If you read my last post, you know I've been in a bit of a rut. Life is really great right now but I was feeling super unorganized and out of control. Some prayers, some focus and an amazing career change have me feeling back on track and hopeful that I can get myself in a routine that will help me not only feel more sane but will help me reach my goals.

I've mentioned a few times before that I have several different jobs, and technically I still do, but thanks to an awesome twist of fate I'm focusing my energies on one of my jobs that will give me structure and routine but will still allow me to be a mom and spend time with my baby girl. 

So what have I been up to you ask...?

Since leaving my full time job in March, I have been working part time at a coffee shop near my house. I absolutely love it and it brings me back to my Coffee Buzz days. Sure being a barista is a little different than owning your own shop but I love to make drinks and love to make connections with regular customers - and I'm pretty good at it (if I do say so myself). While it's been a fun job, it's not what I want to do the rest of my life. However, I was having a hard time giving it up completely so I am keeping one shift a week (my favorite Friday morning line out the door craziness shift) for fun and for the coffee discount. 

I am also doing the social media for my Aunt's women's golf clothing line Tzu Tzu Sport as well as helping her with trunk shows and other odd jobs. I am so proud of my Auntie and am amazed by the brand she has created and the success she has seen in such a short time. Tzu Tzu is destined for big things and I am excited and proud to be a part of it.


I also do the social media for a local juice company called Zula. I've written about my experience with one of their juice cleanses in the past and that post helped build a relationship with the owners that eventually led to a job! Zula is the ONLY 100% organic, raw, cold pressed juice company in Minnesota and I love how passionate they are about health and spreading information on healthy living. It's really fun to help this awesome husband & wife duo! 


Then, of course, you know about my at-home job of being a mama-wife-blogger. I love being a mom more than anything (and love being a wife too) and really love my blog. It kind of amazed me that it has become a small little spending money income for me. I love to write and love the connections I have made through this blog. This is something that is 100% me and I love that. I hate that I've been such a slacker on the blog front and am anxious to find my blogging mojo again and make this little piece of the internet a priority once again. 


Most recently, I have also become a Wellness Advocate for doTERRA Essential Oils. This passion and opportunity just kind of fell in my lap and I absolutely love that I can make some money while sharing this incredible product. I'm amazed by what essential oils can do and am excited to learn more and grow within the company. 


And FINALLY, I have been helping my dear friend Sara Jayne with her photography business over the past few months. It has been so much fun and I have really loved helping her with all sorts of random things from culling photos, writing blog posts and watching her baby boy during shoots. My prayers were majorly answered when Sara asked me to become a more permanent employee of Sara Jayne Photography. I will be helping with the same things but will now be focusing my attention on her business which I love so much. I am so excited to help Sara and am excited to see where these next few months take me and Sara Jayne Photography. I am so grateful for my friendship with Sara and feel so honored that she trusts me to help her. I just know we are going to do great things together and I am so excited for my first official day TODAY! 






12 comments:

P!nky said...

Welcome back, friend. Of course you were missed, but we all understand that sometimes space is what's needed for clarity. Sounds like you have some amazing opportunities that you are capitalizing on, all why being able to see more of cute lil Ken-Ken!

I'm interested to learn more about oils, so I'm looking forward to that business ventures, for sure.

have a great week.

Bridget said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you are involved with so many things you are passionate about...and let's just say you should NEVER get bored...you will always have a change which is so good!

Erin LFF said...

You're awesome- seriously! How you are good at SO many things, I'll never understand, but I'm proud of you!!! :)

Melissa @ i carry your heart said...

I'm so happy for you! Such an awesome opportunity. Also, pretty sure I need to come visit you at your coffee shop on a Friday morning....remind me where it is again! :)

~Dawn~ said...

You are one busy lady...but, with all things you are happy and passionate about. I'm so proud of you for taking a break to focus on what's important in your life. Welcome BACK! I missed you!

Christelle said...

Sheesh! You're one busy bee! How do you keep where you go and when straight!?! Ha! Never hurts to take a break and recharge, though, otherwise you just get worn down and burned out.

I lways enjoy reading what you and your adorable Kenley have been up to!

Zula juice sounds awesome, I'll have to do some research and see if they have something like that around me.

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

Wow...just wow. Girl just reading this makes my head spin. How do you keep it all straight??

So happy for you and excited for this new opportunity. You will obviously rock it out!

Unknown said...

wowza you have lots of jobs ! all sound exciting and like there is lots of potential !

Katie said...

Ok I literally just got confused just reading all that LOL I'm trying to get caught back up in your awesome life and now.....lost. :) hahaha! You are so dedicated though girl it's crazy!! Mad propbs!

Britni said...

You have a lot going on!! Congrats, I know Sara is so excited to have you, love all the posts I've seen lately!!

ajs {of MN} said...

you and all your jobs... you are my work-o-hoic soulmate sista! but i totally get not being able to give up a job... i work my serving job JUST to keep it JUST b/c i LOVE it and cant imagine not serving.

Blogger said...

You can make $20 for each 20 minute survey!

Guess what? This is exactly what major companies are paying me for. They need to know what their customer needs and wants. So big companies pay $1,000,000's of dollars each month to the average person. In return, the average person, like myself, answers some questions and gives them their opinion.