Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Nursery Progress

It's official. I am nursery crazy. I don't know what it is about this room, but I am obsessing! I think it might be that it is literally the only thing about this pregnancy I can control. It's one of those design projects that I know exactly how I want it to look in my head and am executing it so, but when people ask "what's the theme?" or "what's the color scheme?" I don't really have an answer. There are DEFINITELY sports involved {I mean duh, this kid is being born into a huge sport family} BUT that does not mean that it is a sports themed room and that I am just throwing in anything with a ball on it. I'm being so fussy about the decor and have searched high and low for just the right pieces to make this room special for my little man. I think this nursery is going to be a good mix of myself and my baby daddy and I am so very excited for how it is coming together! 

So far, I've managed to get the guts of the room finished which feels incredible! It doesn't look like much, but I have actually checked quite a few things of the nursery to do list. So far I have cleaned out all the non-baby related items; gone through all of Kenley's clothes and sold or donated everything that can't be used for a baby boy {and held on to a couple of things my heart could just not part with}; sanded, primed and painted all of the trim including the window and closet doors {both of which I cursed the whole time I was doing it}; freshened up a wooden window treatment originally in Kenley's room; purchased and hung knew blinds AND replaced all of the existing beige outlets and plates with white ones.

The room has gone from a catchall space to an empty boring room to the beginnings of my son's room! It makes me so excited to look in there and see some personality! Here's a little look at the transformation so far.

Now that the base of the room is done, I can move on to the exciting parts like FURNITURE and DECOR!!! I am working on refinishing the dresser we are going to use as our changing table, our crib has arrived and I still have my rocker from Kenley. We have baby's bedding {just need to get a crib mattress} and I have also started on a few of the decor projects, one of which was inspired by this hoop from my favorite show, Fixer Upper.
basketball goal diy:

I also came across some incredible sports prints from Saint and Sailor Studios that I am super excited about!
Navy Blue Vintage Football Helmet Vintage Baseball in Catchers Mit
Vintage Basketball on quarter  view  Photo Print, Decorating Ideas, Wall Decor, Wall Art,  Kids Room, Nursery Ideas, Gift Ideas, Vintage Football Laces Close Up Horizontal, Photo Print ,Decorating Ideas, Wall Decor, Wall Art,  Kids Room, Nursery Ideas, Gift Ideas,
I think a few of these prints will go perfectly with the other ideas I have floating around in my head! I wish I could just snap my fingers and have everything at once because I am so excited about every last detail! 

I also need to start brainstorming what I am going to do to organize the closet. I cleaned out all the crap and got it painted but as more and more Ziggy baby stuff arrives, I am going to need to store it in there as well as get all of our existing baby stuff out of the family room which is where it's currently residing. So doing a little baby item inventory and getting some shelving and storage in there should probably happen sooner rather than later. Most definitely before my Sprinkles!

So there you have it! I cannot stinkin' wait for this room to be finished and to show you all! It has the makings of being my favorite room in the house! 



15 comments:

Jenn said...

So cute!!! I swear painting trim can make SUCH a difference in a room. The color is cute and I'm loving the little accessories!!

P!nky said...

Looking super fab and soooooooooooo cute!!!!

ajs {of MN} said...

super cute so far!

Family, Fun & Favorites said...

It's looking great! Love baby boy rooms! The basketball hoop is adorable!

Unknown said...

Great job I love everything about it! Cannot wait to see my grandson resting in his beautiful new nursery. xo m

Brianne said...

I love what you have so far!

Lauren Honeycutt said...

These are such great ideas! That basketball hoop is FANTASTIC! Your baby will love growing up around all that classic sports decor!

Rachel said...

Love that you painted the door and trim white. Makes the wall color pop!

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

Eeee!!! SO exciting. Love the wall color for your sweet little man!

Ashley said...

Love it!! That basketball net might be my fave!! The room looks soo different already!!

Kayla MKOY said...

Fixer Upper IS the best. I LOVE that basketball hoop on the rustic wood... so neat!!!

Erin LFF said...

I cannot wait to see the final results- I LOVE where it's headed already. It's amazing what painting trim will do for a room. I've wanted to tackle our lower-level bc it's all wood trim but the doors down there scare me. They are JUST like the closet doors in here though. Did you spray paint those??

shawnstpeter said...

The Room is looking great can't wait to see the finished product! All of our prints and canvases are on sale today and tomorrow at our Etsy store. www.shawnstpeter.etsy.com

chenlina said...

longchamp sac
clarisonic
coach outlet
fitflops uk
christian louboutin shoes
nike outlet
fitflops sale clearance
michael kors outlet clearance
moncler outlet
ray ban sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
coach factory outlet
nike air max pas cher
seattle seahawks jerseys
uggs uk
oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet clearance
timberland boots
uggs outlet
cheap jordan shoes
tory burch outlet
coach outlet
red bottom shoes
louis vuitton borse
ugg boots
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton outlet
moncler uk
rolex watches
burberry outlet
jordan 4 toro
kevin durant shoes
replica watches
louis vuitton handbags
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet
air jordan 13
uggs pas cher
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton handbags
chenlina20160905

chenmeinv0 said...

cheap nfl jerseys
cheap ray bans
tory burch shoes
birkenstock shoes
coach outlet online
cheap jordans
cheap ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet online
cheap nba jerseys
coach outlet
chenyingying20170313