Thursday, January 14, 2016

Registering for Baby Number Two

I didn't really know what the rule of thumb was on registering for a second baby since we obviously have most of the big ticket baby items still in good condition from when Kenley was teeny. As I started to think about the things we will need to a new baby boy, I realized there actually are quite a few things this peanut will need. Nothing super major but stuff nonetheless. Plus, two of my incredible girlfriends have offered to host Sprinkles for me and Ziggy, so I figured a registry may be helpful for guests. If nothing else, you gotta love that completion coupon you get at the end to grab any remaining items we may need. 

This time around I simplified and only registered at Target, they had all the things Ziggy will need and it makes shopping easy. The only bigger things baby boy really needs are a crib and a baby monitor. 
Delta Children Haven 4-in-1 Convertible CribSummer Infant Baby Zoom Wi-Fi 2.5" Color Video Baby Monitor
We never had a monitor for K because our townhouse was so teeny, we could hear her no matter where we were. Now that we have more space I think a monitor will be helpful, especially this summer so that Kenley and I can go outside and play but still keep tabs on the Zigster. I went with the Summer Infant Baby Zoom WiFi Monitor based on the reviews but would LOVE any input you mamas have on what you love {or don't love}. 

Aside from those bigger things, everything else is more or less stuff that needs to be restocked...like diapers {oh Lord, back to diapers}, wipes, bottles {how did we lose so many with K?}, baby towels {Kenley wore hers right out, we love bath time around here}, baby toiletries and all things baby boy! I was able to salvage a couple of gender neutral things of Kenley's {like white onesies, holy smokes we have a lot of white onesies} but for the most part all of her blankets and burp cloths and bibs and swaddles and clothes were GIRL, GIRL, GIRL!
Pampers Swaddlers Diapers Super Pack Size 1 (100 Count)Pampers Baby Wipes Sensitive 64 ctMedela 3pk 5oz Breastmilk Bottle SetNewborn 4-Piece Turtle Washcloth Set - Green Circo™Babyganics Baby Shampoo + Body Wash, Chamomile Verbena - 16oz Pump BottleGerber® Newborn Boys' 4 Pack Burp Cloth Set
I also added a few breastfeeding related things I think will help me this time around. It's nice going into it with experience and I'm hoping this time around won't be quite as tough now that I know what I'm doing. You hear that Ziggy? Be nice to mamas boobies! This time around I definitely want to have some quality nipple cream handy fresh out the gate, have an extra set of pump supplies {how nice not to have to wash and sanitize them every single time} and a nursing cover. With Kenley I just never got to the place where I was really comfortable or confident with nursing and therefore always did it in private. Being the monster FOMO that I am, this was really hard for me, so I'm hoping a good cover and some practice will help me with that this time around. 
Boobease 100% Organic Healing Nipple BalmMedela Breast Pump Accessory SetBébé au Lait Nursing Cover - Descanso
Kenley and I had a blast at Target one morning browsing the baby aisles for things her brother will need. She was all over scanning the items and definitely had an opinion! It is going to be so fun having her along this time around. Big Sister extraordinaire or sure! 
Are there any crucial baby items you guys can think of that would be good to add? Especially you mamas with two little ones!




9 comments:

P!nky said...

Awwwww KK registering is quite adorable :)! Saving this list for later one :)!

Unknown said...

An extra humidifier!! Nothing worse than having 2 sickies and only one humidifier!

Nikki said...

Humidifier is a must! Also FYI with the wifi monitor we had one and HATED it! It was easily hacked even with changing the password and it was not reliable! Just thought I would share that with you! Good luck!

Carolyn said...

For nipple cream, I LOVE the Motherlove Nipple Cream. It's olive oil based (go greek!) and rubs in so well. I promise it's amazing!

Katie said...

earth mama nipple cream is the BEST!!!!!!!! I've tried like 10. also, saving this for my future :)

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

My Summer monitor is/was possessed. We could only use it for a few months and then it started moving by itself, turning off, making weird sounds, and so much more. I was a year passed the warranty and had to keep it. The thing is horrible!

Rachel said...

Just found your blog today. I got muslin blankets for baby #2 and also a baby carrier since I didn't have those with my first. I also got this cool wet bag that I've been using in the diaper bag for his clothes he spits up on or "blows" through. I like it because i could use it in a multitude of other ways, not just with the baby. I had my son 3 months ago and we tried our hardest to prepare our daughter, who's 4.5 years old for his arrival. She understood what was happening, was very excited but nothing could prepare or help with her attitude once he was here. She was very affectionate to him but you could just tell that she wasn't herself. Her behavior and attitude took a plummet. So just be prepared for that, not that I really think you can prepare. It doesn't matter the age, the other child is going to be affected. I would have some activities planned out or set one on one time with your daughter so that maybe she will be less affected. :)

Dixie Bell Designs said...

Haha I too have very bad FOMO... I did get pretty much used to breastfeeding in public though. I had an itzy ritzy nursing scarf that made life pretty easy too!

Erin LFF said...

Kenley looks so proud of herself scanning those diapers ;) I love it! I might have already asked you this but I'm curious if you have a preference on baby wipes? I want to stock up on some and feel like those are something that just about any brand should work BUT you're the expert so..... Let me know :)