Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: Linens!

Our reception site, International Market Square and our caterer D'Amico and Sons are both amazing in so many ways, but one way this combo is severely lacking is in the linen department. The linens provided only hang off the table about 4 inches.....not cute! My mom and I knew the second we saw their tablecloths that we would have to rent linens. On top of it their chairs are brown and with a black and white color scheme that will just not work.

I set out looking for a vendor who was affordable but also knowledgeable. I have to put my faith in the team of people I have hired for my wedding to make everything look perfect and how I want it. I went through a period where I thought I had to have a day of coordinator just to oversee that things were being done how I wanted. But, I got over that (once I saw the cost) and decided to spend that money and that energy on hiring people I trust to do an amazing job. I have total faith that Erin from We've Got it Covered (how great is that name?) will do an amazing job with our linens!

Finding a vendor was pretty easy but deciding on linens was a different story. I went in to it thinking my colors are black and white so I want black and white linens. Simple enough, right? Wrong!

You can do a black tablecloth or a white tablecloth. You can add a runner, a black one or a white one. Then there's napkins and chair covers and don't forget about the chair cover sashes! There's a million different combinations of these two colors, and don't even get me started on patterns! Plus, you have to consider the head table! Does it match the other tables? Do you do it differently? Do you add color or lights or draping?

After a lot of google searching and talking it through with Erin I am pretty confident and excited about what we have decided on. I want it to look elegant but contemporary which is essentially the theme of the wedding. As much as I would love to share what I decided on, I can't. There are too many wedding guests who read this blog and I want them to see it for the first time at the wedding. But, I will share some of my inspiration!
















9 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I love your picture inspirations! I had a black and white wedding too. We had black chair covers with white sashes, and I loved the look. It was classic but different that the traditional white chair covers.

Nicole-Lynn said...

Your vision/inspiratin is great! It's going to be beautiful!

We only had to rent white chair covers for both the ceremony and reception and we're adding our "color" with our burlap table runners and in the centerpiece flowers.

MIL2K said...

Absolutely beautiful, nice taste you have. AND in men!! LOVE MIL!!

Jessica said...

Oooh, I love the long rectangular table with the black and white tablecloths! So pretty!

Ashley said...

I didn't mess with too many options. I just made a decision -- I didn't listen to all my options...i think that helped me haha =)
I LOVE the long rectabular table -- gorgeous!

Miss K said...

I can't wait to see what you're doing! i love in the last couple of pics, the sheer black and the lights, gorgeous

It's A Love Story said...

I cant wait to see the big day!

Saying I do said...

beautiful! Very elegant, can't wait to see it!

JoJo said...

I can't wait to see which look you went with! I was also picky about the my chair covers. It totally changed the look of the entire room and felt more romantic.