Tuesday, May 24, 2011

#BUMMED

I had a post all scheduled and ready to go about wedding underwear.....but that seems so stupid now. I got a voice mail yesterday that the Pastor of our church has resigned and is joining a congregation in Arizona. To say I'm heartbroken would be an understatement.

Pastor Gayle married my mom and step-dad in August. I loved so much that she knew my family and that I would be married by the same Pastor as my mom. J and I don't make it to church as much as we'd like so to have a connection to our Pastor was something really special to me.

I'm not sure what the church's plans are about a replacement but in the message the wedding coordinator said, "there are other Pastors interested in marrying you."

How can they be interested? They've never met me. Or J. Or my family.

I know everything will work out, it always does. But right now I'd like a table for one at the pity party.......sorry, I just don't want to be married by a random.

6 comments:

Christina said...

I'm sorry that stinks :( I totally understand not wanting to be married by a random. Hopefully you will be able to work something out that you guys are happy with! Remember, in the end, it's just you two and you'll be married at the end of the day!!

Ashley said...

I'm sorry to hear this -- that totally stinks =/
Could you use a notary? We couldn't have the pastor we wanted, so a guy that J has known for a long time and who I had gotten to know became a notary and performed our ceremony. I understand wanting it to be personal and not some random.
I hope you are able to work something out you are happy with!

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry, that stinks! Hopefully you find someone that you like to marry you. :/

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I'm so sorry to hear this :( But at least there is still time to meet another great pastor out there. I'm sure everything will work out!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry to hear that! :( Just know that everything will work itself out just fine.

We actually had quite a scare just two months before our wedding. Daniel's youth pastor was going to marry us and it had a lot of significance and meaning for him to marry us, well it turns out since we lived together before we were married the church he was apart of didn't allow their members to marry anyone if they lived together. We knew this was something obviously we couldn't change so we asked a mentor/friend. He and his wife mentored us and our group for our pre marital sessions and we became very close to them. We are so happy with our decision in choosing him and that it worked out the way it did because he did a wonderful job at our wedding ceremony. It was very personal and from the heart. I think it was all in Gods plan for it to happen that way too! :)

So long story short.. sorry! haha I think everything happens for a reason and it will be just fine in the end! No worries! :)

steph c said...

I don't know if this is possible or not, but could you ask your pastor if she could still do your wedding? I know it would be an expense (to have her come, stay, etc).. but if it really means that much, it might be worth it. I also want someone who knows us, and the pastor I really want, who I've known my entire life, lives in NY while we are in DC. I'm keeping my figures crossed that he will be willing and able to do it!