Monday, May 9, 2011

Top 5 Saturdays!

Happy Monday to all of you lovely blog friends! I had an absolutely fabulous weekend which has carried over and put me in a super good mood this morning! Saturday was honestly one of the best Saturdays I have ever had. I actually had the day off from work (the first Saturday in I don't know how long) and it was a gorgeous day!

I started the morning by heading to Coffee Buzz for an iced latte, while there I used the computer (our home computer isn't very reliable) to order BRITNEY TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right ladies! It's official! Nn Wednesday, July 6th I will be meeting these two (my best friend Libby & sister Natalie)...


for a little of this action....

To say I'm excited would be the understatement of the year! It is going to be bananas! I really can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After my coffee and ticket buying I grabbed my favorite furry friend to go on a nice long walk. It was a gorgeous day!

While walking we came across something super tiny in the middle of the bike path. It took me a second to realize it was a tiny little baby turtle. Now, most of you probably don't know, but besides puggles turtles are my favorite animals....I love them! I was horrified that a biker could whip around on the trail and crush this little guy without even knowing it. So, I picked him up and moved him to the grass. But, I couldn't let go. I got so worried he would scoot back on to the trail, or get snatched up by a bird or squirrel or fox. So, I walked two miles home with this little guy in my hands. Half an hour later I was at Petco. Ladies and gentleman....meet Simon!


"Hi. I'm tiny and really cute!"

After my turtle adventure, it was time to watch my dear friends Steve and Christine get married! Both the bride and groom are good friends of mine from middle school! They actually started dating on New Years day of our freshman year of high school and have been together ever since! I was there the day they started dating and have been lucky enough to maintain a friendship with this amazing couple for the last eleven years! It was an amazing wedding! Boy did I cry! It was so fun to be reunited with a group of friends I don't get to see as often as I would like. Most of these guys have moved out of Minnesota, so I usually only get to see them once or twice a year. We had an absolute blast! I don't know if I've ever laughed that much!

Having a drink in between the ceremony and reception @ my friend's parent's house...totally brings back memories!



The reception was at the GORGEOUS St. Paul Hotel....how amazing are these centerpieces?!



me and the groom, Steve!



Me and the STUNNING bride, Christine! LOVED her dress!!!



Alex (one of my favorite people alive), his GF Lina, Me and J



They had an artist painting the reception as it happened. Such a cool idea!




Celebratory cigars! I've always been one of the guys.


Time to dance!


The happy couple!



My favorite boys! Friends Forever!!! <3


I hope you all had an equally as fabulous weekend! AND, all you mommies out there...I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

9 comments:

Whitney said...

i'm a new follower:)

i am in the middle of planning a wedding too. btw, that baby turtle is the cutest!

Jessica said...

Aww, hope the little turtle is doing well! I really need to check on getting Brit tickets! GAH.

Kelly said...

Ahhh, Britney tickets! SO fun. Wasn't this weekend just GORGEOUS?? Love the bride's dress and of course you looked fab as well :-) LOVE the portrait/painting idea-- SO cool!! Love your little turtle too :-D

Julie said...

New follower here! I love Simon!! Oh my goodness, he couldn't be any cuter!!

Carolyn said...

Simon - BAHAHAH!!

Jealous about Britney. Ugh. Stupid wedding budget. You three will have a blast though.

Finally nice weather!! It only took 8 months. LOL

Katie said...

simon looks like he is having a blast at his new home haha! I would probably do the same thing..us sappy women. tisk tisk.

Jasmine said...

britney!?! i'm so jealous!

Talitha said...

Hi I just found your blog and am glad I did, how adorable is that turtle!! So freaking cute.

Your actually getting married the same date as my gf - 5th Nov this year.

I am planning my wedding, but its not till May 2012. But am now following so I can see how yours turns out :)

Talitha xx

Miss K said...

the little turtle is so freaking cute and so freaking tiny! hello simon!