Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Baby Talk :: On Number 2

Ya know when you're dating someone and everyone bugs you about when you'll get engaged?
Then you finally do get engaged and get married and then IMMEDIATELY everyone starts bugging you about when you'll have a baby?
Well, interestingly enough, IMMEDIATELY after having your baby people will start to ask you when you plan on having a second baby....

So, today's Baby Talk will be all about Baby #2.

I'm pregnant!
.
.
.
JUST KIDDING!
{mom did you just $h*t yourself?}

I've always wanted a big family and have said that I'd love to have 4 kids. When I daydreamed about my family when I was younger I wanted a boy, twin girls and then another boy. Obviously, I have NO control over this. But it's what I said I wanted.

And now I have my Kenny. 
My whole idea of what I wanted definitely changed once I had my baby girl. Obviously, the boy first thing isn't happening which I am totally fine with (clearly). But beyond that....TWINS? Oh man! I have so much respect for mamas of multiples. I literally have NO idea how you do it! We have a hard enough time with our one little bundle of joy, I just can't wrap my head around double the diapers, double the feedings, twice the spit up, twice the gear. It blows my mind. Again, I can't control this....if it's God plan to give me twins, then I will be thrilled and terrified and will deal with it. But let's just say it's no longer my dream to have twins.

I also don't know if I still want four kids. I can't say for sure. I love the idea of a big family, but the time and devotion it takes for this one little miracle makes me think two kiddos might just be the perfect number for us. I will say, I can TOTALLY understand why people keep popping out kids. Once you get past and forget about the childbirth & recovery period and you have this gorgeous little human looking you....
it could get addicting.

So what is my dream now? Well, I definitely want to have at least one more baby if I am blessed enough to do so. Most of you know that I wasn't sure whether or not I would be able to get pregnant because of endometriosis. I am so thankful to have my baby girl and count my blessings every day. I don't want to assume that I am home free and wont' have problems with future kids, but I'm hopeful!

Jason and I both want a son, very badly. So I know that if I am able to have another baby and it's another beautiful little girl then I will undoubtedly be trying for a third or fourth or fifth or sixth....but I think six daughters is where I draw the line (that's a joke...the line would be drawn well before 6).

In terms of timing...I'm not planning that right now. What I am planning is time to enjoy my daughter. I don't want to miss a single second of this precious time in her life, so my mind is with her, not planning for another baby. I know for sure we'll wait a couple of years and maybe then start talking about the right timing for our family.

So there ya go...there's your answer! Yes more kids are in our future and no we don't know when that will be but it won't be any time soon!

What about you mamas...how many kids do you want to have? When do you want to have them?

AND, don't you dare forget to link-up every Tuesday!

 photo baby-talk-button_zps829f6bd6.jpg

15 comments:

P!nky said...

I always thought I wanted twins.....but now the idea of one scares the poop outta me!!!!

your kennykins is precious!

Jillian said...

I've always said that I want boy-girl twins so I could have twin versions of me and my little brother haha but thats a long way off

Bridget said...

My bestie had twins girls last November and to say she is supermom is an understatement...I don't know how she does it with a 2.5 year old also...but she does!

Sarah said...

I always wanted twins, too. I actually used to take all of my dolls and pretend they were quintuplets after Barbie came out with the Quints set. Crazy lady! I also can't believe how quick people are to plan the next stage of your life for you. People were asking about babies at our wedding reception and then when we got pregnant, 8 months after our wedding, some people said, "Wow, that was fast." Can't win!

Kari said...

It is crazy how anxious people are for everyone's life to get started- when are you getting engaged? married? kids? #2? yikes! we sort of forget to live in the moment right?! i would suspect your #2 and our #2 will be close in age... we are thinking like 3 years between kids. Like you said, I want to enjoy each kid and not skip over the important years just to have another one in diapers. Ultimately not up to us though- God's writing this story and so far He has been an incredible author! Cheers to #1 kids and enjoying their every moment while they are little!

Dawn said...

My husband wanted twins so badly, but after we had our ultrasound and found out we were having {another} daughter our doctor turned to my husband and said..Yaaay, Dad - now you're going to have TWO weddings to pay for. That statement alone made my husband never to want twins...or even try for another child...ever..LOL

Emily said...

I can't imagine having twins with another baby in the house, that would be crazy!!
I've always said I want 2 kids, 3 at the most. I change my mind all the time! Today I want 3. :)

Allison said...

I always wanted to have a large family too, but after our first I couldn't imagine. Some days I go back and forth on even wanting more than one. :)

Jami said...

Oh my goodness...I think the first time I was asked this was when Paige was 3 days old!! Crazy how people do that! Let me enjoy this baby before baby number 2 comes along, right? I would love 2 or 3 kids eventually :)

Ruthie Hart said...

sorry if this comment doesnt come through or has typos... iphone stinks!!

anyway, I am that crazy lady who is already wondering when we will have #2... or 3 or 4 haha and my baby isn't even here! I am like you but opposite...I will try for 10 kids until I get a litte girl :-)

ajs {of MN} said...

i have always always allllways wanted 4 boys! welp i now have a girl and have a REALLY hard time picturing myself with a boy! crazy... i hope to have two for sure... MAYBE three but 4, probs not.

Sarah said...

hi pretty mama!
im a new follower coming from your link up {which i love by the way!}
your baby girl is SO beautiful!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I follow a blogger who is having triplets and is on bedrest and I swear I read her blogs with my jaw open the whole time. It just boggles my mind and I'm in awe of anyone who has more than one or has one right after the other.

Anonymous said...

You did such a good job the first time...I want more!! xo m

Kristen said...

i'm with you, i want 3-4 kids, but will take it one kid at a time. i'm never asking people dumb questions again about babies etc bc now being pregnant i hate people and my sister in law says it only gets worse after the baby is here.