Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Recap

Well, it's Monday again...and that's not cool. 
But, the day doesn't completely suck because in truth it is a very very special day! 
28 years ago at 7:26pm a very outgoing, very kind, very loyal and very loud baby girl with big blue eyes was born and would one day become one of the most special people in my life. So even though it's Monday, I am so grateful that this day exists and that my Beeb was born. 
Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Birthday Carolyn!
I love you more than words!

---

Now on to this weekend's shenanigans. 
linking up with Sami.

Friday was a wonderfully low key night. We just hung out, made tacos, did some laundry and watched The Hunger Games. We were in bed nice and early so that we would be rested for Saturday. 

Saturday morning we were up bright and early to run Goldy's 5k! For those of you who don't know, Goldy is the University of Minnesota mascot and as you should all know, I LOVE all things University of Minnesota {specifically the football team}. When I saw that there was 5k benefiting St. Jude's and the Amplatz Childrens Hospital that took place on campus, I knew I had to sign up. Jason, my brother and my sister-in-law joined me and even though it was freezing, we had a great time! The finish line was on the 50-yard-line of the football stadium....right where Jason and I got engaged. 
After the run, Jason and I popped in to our favorite restaurant, Tony's Diner, for some breakfast (and beers). Then we picked up Kenley and all four of us {me, Jason, Kenley & Bailey} took a glorious two hour nap! Saturday afternoon, I FINALLY got my haircut. I will not tell you how long it had been (embarassingly long), I didn't change it much, just took a few inches off, added some layers and got rid of all those nasty split ends.

Saturday night, we met up with the Beeb and her hubby Jake and Jason's BFF Colin and his wife Sharisse for a birthday dinner to celebrate Colin & Carolyn. We went to Ichiban downtown Minneapolis which is one of my all time favorite restaurants. It's a Hibachi restaurant where they cook in front of you and they have AMAZING food! It was a fabulous night out with friends! 

Sunday I had every intention of being productive but that straight up did not happen. It was snowing/raining all day (so.over.it) so leaving the house was just not going to happen. Instead I stayed in my pajamas all day, cuddled with my baby girl, watched Gossip Girl, Meet Joe Black and Big Fish and took a few little cat naps. It was the epitome of lazy and was completely fabulous. 

All in all, it was a pretty great weekend! 

And, don't forget, tomorrow is Tuesday which means it's time for Baby Talk! 

 photo baby-talk-button_zps829f6bd6.jpg
Don't forget to link up!

You know you love me. XOXO.

HA! J

8 comments:

Christelle said...

Cute photo collage of you and Beeb (haha)!!

I can't believe y'all are still getting snow...that's just wrong! But way to go on the 5k!!

Sounds like a great weekend!

P!nky said...

WOOHOO way to go on the run!

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

xoxo

~Dawn~ said...

Congrats on the 5K :) Whoo hoo!

Meg {henninglove} said...

what a wonderful weekend for you and running a 5K with friends sounds like a fabulous saturday morning to me! you all look just a bit cold though

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the super sweet birthday message Beeb! :) I'm pretty grateful for you too!

Such a fun weekend!!

Adrienne @ BlackWhiteColor said...

Love the collage!! You're adorable! Looks like a fun weekend! New follower from the linkup
Adrienne

Caroline said...

Way to go! WE both ran for St. Jude. Too funny.

ajs {of MN} said...

yummmmm ichibans!!