Thursday, April 4, 2013

Saw it, Pinned it, Did it!

Alert the press! I did a craft! And am FINALLY able to link up with Katie & Steph for SPD!
Go me!

I knew I wanted to give Kenley's Godparents (my brother, Nate and Jason's sister, Nicole) a little gift the day of Kenley's baptism to thank them for taking on this important role and vowing to be there for Kenley, set a good example and help lead her in her faith. Obviously, I took to Pinterest for inspiration and found the most PERFECT gift for my brother. 

Nate isn't a huge frame guy, so I wanted to think outside of the box. When I saw this pin, I knew it would be a perfect mix of thoughtfulness and functionality without being too girly. 


Here's what you need: 
A pot, your plant or herb (I decided on Oregano, since we're Greek, I thought it was fitting), some extra dirt if you need to plant, blank paper or note cards and some ribbon, twine or thread. 

First thing I did was plant the three little Oregano plants in the pot and added extra soil. I also kept the tag so that Nate knew what he was getting and how to take care of it. 

Next I made the tag. I just created it in Word, printed it on the note card, cut it out with cute scissors, mounted it to some pink paper and added two eyelets. 

Finally, I wrapped the twine around the pot and through the eyelets and VOILA! 


20 comments:

Kelsey said...

That's such a good idea And good looks run in your family ha!

Jess Beer said...

So cute!!!

Christelle said...

Guys are always so hard to buy for, but that was such a great idea! And I love the message, so cute!

Katie said...

Alright, with this project, you are now officially forced to link up every thurs with us. This is TOO CUTE. Such a good idea for a guy! Good job KK! Or KF now?

Next week you'll be back to link up with us again?

Katie

Tori G said...

Great job! This is tooo cute!

Erin said...

That is seriously SUCH a cute little idea!!

kaleena said...

This is so cute!! I'm going to do it for housewarming gifts!

Caley-Jade Rosenberg said...

Well done girl, this looks awesome!! You definitely have to link up again :) x

Nikki said...

I LOVE this! So cute!

Carolyn said...

It's SO CUTE!! :)

Shelby Kelly said...

oh my goodness this is precious!! Just found your blog and I am so glad I did! Your little family is absolutely adorable!

Dawn said...

So thoughtful and cute!

Kerry Enos said...

Such a great idea. Good for housewarming presents too. Hoe you linkup again.

sofiesdiary@yahoo.com said...

love your gift idea!!!

Jillian said...

such a great idea! love it!

Christina Williams said...

Great idea! Stopping by from the link up!

Lindsay Kauffman said...

What an adorable idea for a gift to a Godfather! Love the note with it too! Glad to have found your blog from the link up!

xoxo, Lindsay
www.llstyling.com

P!nky said...

super cute and super thoughtful :)!

Anonymous said...

It really was the perfect gift for godfather pie. Heartwarming too. xo m

Kari said...

I love this idea! Totally stealing this from you! Adorable!