Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Kenley's Baptism

Per usual I am a day (or 10) late and a dollar short, but I am FINALLY getting to recapping one of the most special days of my life, Kenley's Baptism.
On Sunday, March 24th our little angel was welcomed into God's family in front of our family and church congregation. 
I got so emotional standing up there. It's hard to explain it. I was filled with so much pride and joy and gratitude for my baby and my family. I was so proud of Jason and I for the beautiful little girl we created. I was so proud of my brother and Jason's sister for standing up as Kenley's Godparents. And, I was proud to see all 8 of our parents and more of our siblings there supporting and celebrating Kenley. 
After Kenley was baptized  our Pastor took her around the church to show her to the congregation. I looked at our families and they ALL had their phones/cameras out and were snapping pictures of her. It was like the paparazzi was there. It was hilarious! 

It was Palm Sunday, so the church service was a little longer than usual, but Kenley handled the service and the baptism perfectly. She got a little fussy towards the end, but after a couple minutes of me rocking her she was old cold. 

It was so wonderful to have all four of our families together....this little girl had three rows of pews filled with people who love her! It warms my heart seeing our parents as grandparents and our siblings as Aunts and Uncles. Kenley will never be short of people to love her, support her and help her and as a mama nothing means more to me than that. 
Lots of Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunties and Uncles! 

Kenny and her Godparents. 

 Proud Parents! 

After church, my mom and step-dad were kind enough to open their home to everyone and help me host a family brunch. My mom and I had spent the entire weekend preparing by shopping, cooking and crafting and it all came together perfectly. 

For beverages we had a Bloody Mary/Screwdriver station, a Mimosa/Champagne station and Punch (for the under 21-year-olds).

We served egg & bacon fritatta, breakfast sausage with a yummy maple glaze, coffee cake, fruit kabobs, mini-yogurt parfaits and a marble cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and everything was decorated in light pink and gray to match the invitations.

I had favor boxes made to match the invitations that were filled with Koufeta (Jordan Almonds) which is a Greek tradition whose bittersweet taste symbolizes life itself with hope for more sweetness than bitterness. 

Now, the most important part (besides actually getting baptized of course)...the fashion!
Kenley had two outfits and I absolutely loved them both. She looked so precious and thankfully got through the day without a giant outfit ruining blow out. 

It was such an incredible day and one I won't soon forget. 

Make sure to come back tomorrow because I'm sharing the Godparents gifts I made for
"Saw it, Pinned it, Did it." 

XO, 

23 comments:

Schnelle said...

Feeling all of the love that your family has for your child really is awesome- and tear jerking! Kenley looked adorable as always, I love her outfits and that headband is so cute!! Everything looked beautiful, love those balloon topiaries. Is that from Pinterest?

Nikki said...

What a special day! Looks like everything went off smoothly and K is just so dang cute! Love the invitation as well!

P!nky said...

AWWWWW, what a special special day! Y'all look beautiful and the food looks delicious.

Our pastor walks baptized babies around too and we sing, it's so special :)!

Welcome to God's family beautiful Kenley!

xoxo

Ruthie Hart said...

You are right, this is one of the most special days of her life and you captured it with such great pictures! I have already thought about the day we get our baby baptized and tears well up!!

Christelle said...

Such a beautiful baptism and celebration for Baby Kenley! It's so nice that all (8) of your parents were there - that will mean so much to her someday, I'm sure.

The invitation is precious and she looks beautiful in her outfits!

~Dawn~ said...

Congratulations, Kenley! What a special day!

Kelly said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!! The photos of Kenley are just stunning, so precious :-) LOVE that you were all surrounded by tons and tons of family; that is so special :-)

Carolyn said...

So sweet! It's all so pretty and perfectly planned! So Kristin and Paula! :) Kenley of course looked adorable. Such a special day!!

Kelly B. said...

she is so, stinkin, cute. If any baby gives me baby fever the most, it's gotta be Kenley, and Becky's baby Bailey. SO squishy and smiley!

Katie Hall said...

So sweet!!! Looks like a great celebration!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job capturing Kenley's special day. I had so much fun planning this with you. What's next!? xo m

Erin said...

Such a sweetie, and I love both her outfits!! Your family just rocks... I can tell!! :)

Jillian said...

aww what a special day! and to have so much family there too makes it even more special!

Young and Fabulous said...

ahh! :-) love love love this! So glad you all had a great day!

Katie said...

awww I can see in the pics how happy you were! such a proud momma and poppa :) Kenley looked precious as ever in those dresses! can't wait to see what you made tomorrow :)

ajs {of MN} said...

beautiful! i love that brunch outfit change!! ;)

dad's face during the baptism is priceless!

Caroline said...

Beautiful. We just scheduled Eli's and I'm freaking out about what to do afterwards.

Christine @Fancy Function said...

Love this! What a special day. Our daughter is being baptized in a month and I'm currently in planning mode. :)

Christine @Fancy Function said...

Love this! What a special day. Our daughter is being baptized in a month and I'm currently in planning mode. :)

Cayla Hess said...

How sweet!!! Oh my goodness, I just want to eat her right up. And you look smokin' mama! That polka dot dress is so fun, love it.

Emily said...

What a special day! I love all the pictures and the party afterwards was perfect!

Kelsey said...

It looks perfect! she is absolutely beautiful. Everything for the brunch turned out so well and I loved that everything matched the invites.

Megan said...

She is SO precious!! Love her outfits.