Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wishful Wednesday

Happy Hump Day everyone! If you're in need of some blog post inspiration head on over to Kelsey's blog and link up for:


Today's top is:
'I wish'...I had ______store
as my personal closet
and could shop from it daily.

I wish I could have Bebe as my personal store! I love that store! Their clothes are so unique and stylish yet they have classic items as well. Plus they have killer shoes, great handbags and bangin' jewelery. It's your one stop shop! Here are some of the Bebe looks/items I am currently drooling over!

On another note. I made a super delicious and super healthy meal last night (and J loved it) so I thought I'd share it with you.

Chipotle Sloppy Joes and Avocado Corn Salad

Ingredients:
Chipotle Sloppy Joes
-1 lb. Extra Lean Ground Turkey
-1/2 onion (cut in rings)
-1 can chopped green chilis
-1 6oz can Tomato Paste
-1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
-Chipotle flavored Tabasco sauce
-Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns (to taste)
-Ground Cumin (to taste)
-Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Avocado Corn Salad 
-2 cobbs of corn
-1 avocado (peeled and cut into cubes)
-1 jalepeno (seeded and chopped)
-1/2 onion (chopped)
-1 lime
-Ground Cumin (to taste)
-Fresh Cilantro (to taste)

Instructions:

Chipotle Sloppy Joes
-Start by browning the ground turkey in a medium saucepan
-Add green chilies, tomato pasta, worcestershire, tabasco, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir to mix. 
-Next, cook the onion rings in a tablespoon of olive oil until lightly brown

-Finally, spray the whole wheat buns with "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" (or other zero calorie butter alternative) and brown in the oven at 350* for five minutes

Avocado Corn Salsa
-Start by cooking the chopped onions in a tablespoon of olive oil
-Add corn and chopped jalenenos
-Remove from heat a refrigerate until cold
-Add diced avocados, cilantro, cumin, juice of half the life, and lime zest (to taste)

This meal was super yummy and super healthy! My camera never does a good job of capturing the final product, but if you're looking for a yummy, summery, healthy meal...give this one a try!

And finally, take a look at my little angel in her brand new hot pink harness! :o)



4 comments:

Stephanie said...

OMG the sloppy joes and salad look SO good! Did you come up with that recipe yourself?! Love your blog by the way!

Carolyn @ life, love & puppy prints said...

Bailey's harness is oh so cute. I think Cooper would think she looks hot in it! :)

Miss K said...

I wish I could have Nordstrom's as my personal store, I'd be rocking the lastest designed stuff everyday! LOL

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I use to LIVE at Bebe in college and sadly haven't shopped there in forever -- I need to go back!