Friday, July 23, 2010

Date Night!

Last night I got to spend the evening with my two boyfriends, J and Leo. I have been whining since last Friday (when it came out) and finally last night we went to see Inception. HOLY COW, you guys! If you have not seen this movie yet...go! Go right now! Get up and head to the theater! You're boss won't care! Trust me!

If you don't know what Inception is, get out of your cave, watch this trailer and then head to the theater.


Alright, so by now you know that Inception is the new Christopher Nolan film starring Leonardo DiCaprio. If any of you saw The Dark Knight then you know that Nolan is a visual genius, but how he created this plot and screenplay is beyond me! There's so much amazingness to this movie, I don't even know where to start.

Like I said, Nolan (with the help of Paul Franklin) is a visual genius. The sets and visual effects in this movie are insane. If this doesn't win the Oscar for Visual Effects I will shave my eyebrows off! 
The cast is unbelievable! Obviously, Leonardo DiCaprio is astonishing! He's joined by Marion Cotillard (who I love, La vie en rose, anyone???), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (he's come a long way from 3rd Rock from the Sun), Ellen Page (who doesn't love Juno?) and more amazing co-stars.
I do have just one small complaint and I hate myself for even saying it. I thought this character of Leo's was very similar to his Shutter Island character. Leo is amazing at playing the tormented man forced to make some kind of life choice (The Departed, Blood Diamond, Shutter Island and now this). I'm in no way saying he always plays the same character, I'm just saying these last two have a lot of similarities. Leonardo DiCaprio is without a doubt the best actor of our generation, and I'm not just saying that because I want to have his babies. If my dream of him winning an Oscar is going to come true he's going to need to find a role to really push himself out of his comfort zone. He's done it in the past and received nominations (What's Eating Gilbert Grape, The Aviator, and Blood Diamond....I'm still not over the Titanic snub), so I know he can do it again....but this next time let's go for the win! Thanks honey!

Ooh, Ooh! ADDITION: I was just perusing IMDb and found that Leo's next project (expected to begin production later this year) is a biography on J Edgar Hoover, the FBI director who had a "scandalous career and a controversial private life as a homosexual and rumored cross dresser" and the film is directed by Clint Eastwood! NOW WE'RE TALKING!!!!

It would take me days to try and type the plot and synopsis of this movie and I wouldn't want to ruin anything for those of you who haven't seen it. BUT, if you have seen it check out this First Showing Blog which is filled with articles and discussions regarding different theories on the movie! I've been reading these all morning and brain is going in circles trying to figure this all out.

I also have to give a quick shout out to Little Sushi in Eden Prairie where J and I stopped for dinner before the movie! The egg drop soup and California Roll were sooooo yummy!!! If you live in the area, go check them out. It's just a tiny little place but the guys behind the sushi bar are awesome and the food (especially the sushi) is great!

And one final thing. I have to wish a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of my best, craziest and most fun friends, Miss Sarah! We have been through so much together and college just would not have been nearly as fun without her! Happy Birthday woman! I love you!!!

Have a GREAT weekend Blog Friends! 


5 comments:

Brittany said...

I can. not. wait. to see it! Tell your boyfriend i'll be coming to visit really soon!

Miss K said...

I'm so in love with Leo, he's such a phenomenal actor. I can't wait to see Inception, I'm hoping I can talk the BF into seeing it tonight.

The new film he's working on sounds amazing! Can't wait!

Have a great weekend!

Hannah said...

Inception was incredible!!! I loved it!

JoJo said...

okay, I'm convinced! I MUST go see this movie! I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't seen it yet.

Kerri said...

I left you something on my blog :)