Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Love TV

The hardest thing about working at the tournament this week was not the super long hours, but not being able to watch my shows. Last night, I was able to catch up on most of them and since I couldn't do my weekly recaps, I thought I'd do one monster post on all of them.

The Bachelorette
This week was the home town dates, which is always my favorite episode of the season.

Roberto's family was super cute and he looked smokin' hot in the baseball uniform. I think they have a great connection but was it just me or did it seem a little awkward when they were talking after playing baseball? I also thought it was weird that he was so worried about his parents liking Ali....he should be totally confident in her if he's introducing her to his parents. 

Just when I thought I couldn't love Chris any more, he takes us to Cape Cod where he plays with his black lab on the beach....I mean seriously?! His family was so nice! They were so down to earth and loving, it was really sweet how much his sister-in-laws were looking out for him. And anyone who didn't tear up while Chris was talking to his dad has no soul. That's right....NO SOUL!

Kirk's family was also really nice. Yes, the dead animals were super creepy. I loved when Ali looked in the freezer and said, "Kirk's dad keeps dead animals in the freezer along with their frozen snacks, like popsicles." I think we all knew Kirk was going home. He was a super nice guy but it just seemed like something was missing between him and Ali. 

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why are you still here. If Ali likes this lame-face so much then she does not deserve the company of Chris and Roberto. His family was great, they had a great sense of humor, I just don't get how this is their kid. I hope Frank and Ali live happily ever after....in his parent's basement. I can't wait to see what drama he causes next week. Yuck! Go away!

Is there anyone out there who isn't cheering for Roberto and Chris? It seems like that's completely the consensus. If you're a Frank fan, I want to hear from you! I swear I won't rip on you...I'm just beyond curious to see if anyone out there is actually pulling for him!

So You Think You Can Dance
Wow! I thought this week was maybe the best week in the show's history. Aside from Jose and Courtney's Broadway, all the routines were absolutely amazing! Since there were 10 routines, 9 of whice were UNREAL I decided to break it down into my Top 5

Robert & All-Star Allison in  Travis Wall's Contemporary
Very rarely does a routine bring me to tears, but this one definitely did. Travis Wall's concept was a son's love for his mother and helping her while she's sick. The routine was danced to Coldplay's "Fix You." It was choreographed and danced to perfection. Adam Shankman even went so far to say that if "Travis isn't nominated for an Emmy there is no God." This routine will most definitely be nominated and is one of my favorite routines in SYTYCD history.

Kent & All-Star Neil in Tyce Dorio's Broadway
This routine was AWESOME! It had so much energy and personality and was so fun to watch! It was fun to see Kent's personality shine through and he is such a great dancer! 

Jose & All-Star Dominic in Nappy Tab's B-Boy
 This routine was sick. It was the show's first ever B-Boy routine and I'm so glad they did it. It was awesome to see this style put to choreography. Jose is such an amazing B-Boy and I loved him in this routine! The part where he lands on Dom's feet (that first picture) was absolutely insane! I loved it! 

Lauren & Billy in Mandy Moore's Jazz
 This routine was so fun! I loved the concept of the dancing shoes! Billy and Lauren are phenomenal. It was just an all around really good, really fun routine.

Kent & Adechike in Dee Caspery's Contemporary
This routine was SO good! The concept was that Kent was in a poisonous relationship and Adechike is a friend trying to get him out. The amazing part was that the "girlfriend" role was portrayed by a chair. It was a fascinating way to use a prop and these boys danced it amazingly!

I was so sad to see Ashely go because of an injury! It's such a shame that the show lost two of it's best dancers due to injury. She was one of my favorites and I was so bummed to see her go!








I really love all of the remaining six dancers and it's going to be really sad to see someone go each week. But, here's how the remaining six rank in my book. 

#1: KENT

#2: ROBERT

#3: LAUREN

#4: ADECHIKE

#5: JOSE

#6: BILLY

Bethenny Getting Married
This show is my new obsession! I don't watch any of the Real Housewives shows but I recently watched this show when there was a marathon on Bravo and I had nothing else to watch. Well, now I'm hooked. Bethenny is hilarious! I really respect that she's made a great career for herself and isn't one of those housewives mooching off their husband's hard work. In the most recent episodes Bethenny got married and went on her honeymoon. Now, she is back in NYC getting ready to have her baby. If you love reality TV and haven't seen this show, I highly recommended checking it out. So funny!









I still have Top Chef and Losing it with Jillian to catch up on, but those aren't the most exciting shows to recap...so you all forgive me, right?




3 comments:

JoJo said...

I love Bethenny getting married!!

Syndal said...

oh girl, I used to be a Frank fan until I saw the spoiler from ABC about what he does next week! now i want to punch him in the face!

Desiree said...

We have AppleTV so we can't get live reality shows, only the taped ones like Keeping up with the Kardashians, which I don't like. I so wish we could get SYTYCD because I just love the clips on YouTube!

I'm off to see if I can find the ones you talked about here because the pictures look amazing!