Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend! Come Back!

This weekend went way too fast! We have recently decided to close Coffee Buzz on Sundays. It has been our slowest day (by far) from the very beginning and it's just not worth it for us to be open. Plus, all the businesses around us are closed on Sundays so they're not driving an extra traffic this way. AND, then J and I get to have a day off together every week, which we desperately need. So, anyways, here's what we did this weekend.

Friday night, J's dad, step-mom and little sister came over for dinner. I made stuffed red peppers (stuffed with ground turkey, black beans, corn and onions in a spicy red enchilada sauce), my own Spanish rice (it was my first time making my own and it turned out really good) and Guacamole (I must say Guac is my specialty). We had a really nice time and it seemed like everyone liked my food! I hate cooking for Kevin and Judye because they are master chefs and it's super intimidating! Bailey wasn't quite sure what was going on and got really nervous she was going to be left home....so she decided to take cover

Saturday, we worked and it was a good day! Saturday's are usually pretty busy days for us and this Saturday was no different. After work we headed over to Jake and Carolyn's (aka BB) house to grill and from there we went to Throwbacks in Woodbury to see a friend of J's band play.

Steph, BB and myself on the way to Throwbacks

Me, J and the Ranweiler brothers rockin' out to the band, Gel

The real band takes a break and the new band takes the stage

Two of my favorite ladies alive! BB, me and Alisha! Not sure what we're "thumbs upping" but we're cute nonetheless.

Yesterday, J and I enjoyed our first Sunday off by sleeping in until noon, laying by the pool and then watching a movie. We watched Public Enemies with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale. 
 
We hadn't seen it yet and we really liked it. The movie is about real life bank robber, John Dillinger and the last few years of his life. This movie didn't get very good reviews when it was released, but I really enjoyed it. It was a great 1930's inspired gangster movie, and who could pass up Johnny and Christian? Plus, it had may girl Marion Cotillard.

I hope you all had a great weekend! Happy Monday (blah!)

8 comments:

Miss K said...

That's so great that you and the man get a whole day together! It's so nice when neither of you have to work, I love those days with my man.

So I finally saw Inception and it was amazing! Such a great movie!

Brittany said...

Seems like a great weekend! So much fun! ;)

What a brilliant idea closing on sundays! It'll be so good for you to have a day to just spend together! :)

Vic said...

well i would have def. stopped in to grab a med, reg extra cream and sug:) looks like a fab weekend, here's to the week:)

JoJo said...

How awesome is it to sleep till noon!!

Juliana said...

Looks like you had SUCH a great weekend

Café Bellini said...

I think it's a good idea to close on Sundays... you deserve a day off together!

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Congrats on your new venture...that’s awesome! I love the name too! My fiancée and I opened a pizza restaurant awhile back and recently had to close the doors. It’s was fun while it lasted! We were open from 11am-4am so needless to say I do not miss the late nights! I think it's a good choice to close if business is slow on Sundays, especially if others around you are closed as well. Sometimes it can cost more to have your doors open if you are not getting in any revenue when you calculate man power, electricity, and whatnot.

Love the idea of blogging about your business venture. I thought about doing the same with Slice (our restaurant) but didn’t have the time to do it. If I lived close by I would drop in for a cup.....I LOVE coffee!

Anyhoo, thanks for your kind words on my last post and BEST of luck you to you, your boyfriend, and Coffee Buzz!

Kendra “Domestic Princess in Training”

Marcie said...

Looks like you had fun, Kristen. I love the concept of you blog. Best of luck with the business!

xo Marcie