Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hot Mama

This past Saturday, I got a group of a couple of my best friends and a couple of my mom's best friends together to celebrate her upcoming wedding (two weeks from Friday!). We had a blast! We had dinner at Chino Latino (a Chinese and Latin fusion restaurant that is to die for!) All the food is served family style in monstrous portions. We had so much amazing food from Lobster Won tons to sushi to this super yummy Montego Jerk Chicken. The night was a blast I it was so fun to get a few of our favorite girls together to celebrate my mom's fabulousness!  Here are some pictures from the night...
 Christina, Natalie and Libby with these crazy fortune teller fish my mom's friend brought...according to my fish I'm passionate.

Me and my beautiful mom at Chino Latino

 There was a huge storm that night so we had to dart across the street in the pouring rain! 

my soon-to-be step sissy (aka my long lost twin) Nat, my mom and myself

My sissy and my best friends! How hot is my wedding party going to be someday???

Now, for something extremely important.....THE BACHELORETTE! Last night was the excursion date episode and Ali took the remaining three guys to Tahiti.
 Roberto was as hot as ever on this date. He was also very sweet AND dropped the "L" bomb. Their chemistry is undeniable but their deep conversations seem to be lacking. I think Roberto may just have a harder time putting his emotions in to words. Not at all shocking that he's one of the final two. You just have to love him! 

 I fall more and more in love with Chris every time I see him! He is so cute, so sweet, and hilariously funny! It seems like him and Ali are so natural around each other. They can talk easily and the chemistry is definitely there too! Chris also dropped the "L" and you could tell he meant when you saw his face at the rose ceremony! I just love him so much!

Alright, so it's no surprise there was drama with Frank since ABC has been showing previews of this since the first episode. Apparently, while falling in love with Ali he realized he is still in love with his ex-girlfriend Nicole who I don't think blinked the entire time she was on television. I don't quite understand how falling in love makes you re-fall in love with someone else...but whatever. At first, I thought this was totally staged and planned from the beginning and frankly, I was pissed. THEN, Frank goes to Tahiti to dump Ali. It was then I realized this had to be true because otherwise these two should be winning Oscars not finding love on reality TV....how dramatic and sad was that break up! As much as I've dogged Frank, I kind of liked him at the end. He was really torn up and was really trying to be a good guy, he was just following his heart. So whatever, he's gone...who cares. 

I hate that we have to wait two weeks for the finale, but the "Men Tell All" episode is sure to be entertaining! So who do you think it will be? Roberto? Chris? Or will Ali end up alone? 

Also, what are your thoughts on the new spin off "Bachelor Pad"??? When I first saw the preview I vowed not to watch it but now seeing more of it I'm kind of intrigued. I'd hate to get sucked in to something that stupid, but I'm curious! What about you? Are you going to watch it?












9 comments:

CMae said...

So going to watch ABC's The Bachelor Pad! Come'on weather man is back with the lawyer that loathes him a sure scene not to miss! :) Did you notice how sweaty Roberto was? LOL I kept seeing him dripping with sweat from his face literally! Frank's EX is NOTHING compared to Ali. His loss!

Aubrey S. said...

You know, Frank has been one of my favorites all along because I felt like he wears his heart on his sleeve. I do think that he should have spoke up about these feelings before now, but I have a hard time with the people that want to put this all on him. I mean Ali has feelings for several guys and expects everyone to be okay with that.

Miss K said...

How fun! Congrats to your mom on her upcoming nuptuals!

Hannah said...

So glad Frank is gone. He's such a tool; I couldn't stand him from the beginning. I hope she picks Chris only because then Roberto can be the next Bachelor and we can get a few more months with him!! I like Roberto better, but I think she'll pick Chris. But then again, everyone thought Jake would pick Tenley then SURPRISE! Ahhh, I don't know anymore!!

I'm with you on the Bachelor Pad. I'll probably watch one episode out of curiosity and get sucked in.

Ms. Emily Ann said...

What a sweet daughter you are! Looks like you all had such a great time!! And I am so, so torn about the bachelorette! I want her to pick both guys, but maybe the one she doesn't will be our next bachelor :) And thank goodness Frank is gone! Ick!

Brittany said...

What a great looking group of girls! :) What a fun night!

I dont watch the bachelorette, but seems EVERYONE else does! bummer summer!

:) Whats this bachelor pad business? Should I look into it?

Carolyn @ life, love & puppy prints said...

I vote she picks Roberto, and then our lover Chris can be the new Bachelor, and then we can continue our obsession for another season. Sound good? Great. :)

As far as Bachelor Pad - we BOTH know we will BOTH be sucked into this stupid show, so we might as well just be excited.

Dining Diva said...

That was so nice of you to organize a dinner party for your Mom! Looks like an awesome time; and what a cool fusion restaurant! Also, I love your Bachelorette re-cap. I am afraid that she's going to end up alone! And I'm with you on the Bachelor Pad... I already know I'm going to be sucked in.

Annie said...

looks like ya'll had such a fun night!! you are so sweet for organizing it all!
i have never been to chino but i've heard so many good things about the place!
great pictures, you ladies are all SOOOO pretty! :)