Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Belly {15 weeks}

My tummy still hasn't popped, but I've definitely gained some weight...everywhere but where the baby is.
Awesome.

The Nugget this week...
-is squirming a ton! Even though I can't feel it yet. 
-might be hiccuping!
-can move all the joints and limbs!

Size of the baby?  
4 inches!!! About the size of an orange!  

Total Weight Gain/Loss?  
This is a sensitive subject this week. I have gained about 8 pounds, which is more than I should have gained at this point. I've been having a really hard time eating certain foods which has lead me to eat a TON of carbs...and we all know what that means. I'm trying really hard to get some more exercise and make better food choices to even out this weight gain. It's been really hard looking in the mirror, I do not feel cute. 
(ps. I can't believe I'm sharing how much weight I'm gaining!)

Maternity Clothes?  
I'm still in my regular clothes, but they aren't as comfortable. I've been LOVING maxi dresses and need to go out and stock up. You have no idea how good it feels to not wear pants! 

Stretch marks?  
Not a one! Holler!

Best Moments?  
My doctor's appointment. I had another ultrasound this week and got to see the Nugget moving around. It's always a huge feeling of relief hearing that heart beating strong. I cry every time. 
"Hi. I'm cute!"

Movement? 
Can't feel the baby moving yet, but I've been having some cramping which apparently is the feeling of my uterus expanding. So even though I can't feel the Nugget, I definitely feel stuff going on down there. 

Food Cravings?  
 Pasta, Pasta, Pasta, Pasta!

Anything making you queasy or sick? 
All meat and fresh veggies. Blegh. 

What I miss?  
 Summer cocktails. 
It's been GORGEOUS here in Minnie and an ice cold Twisted Tea sounds like BLISS! 

What I'm looking forward to?  
Buying a fancy new camera to properly document the life of my child. 

Nausea/Vomiting?  
None at all. Thank you God. 

Labor signs?  
We don't think about labor yet. 

Gender? 
 I'm really feeling a boy lately. 

Belly Button In or Out?  
It's still in. 

Wedding rings On or Off?  
All rings are still on!

Sleep?  
I've been sleeping great. I still get up at least once to use the bathroom. 

Wisdom?  
All you can do is laugh. You all read this post a couple of days ago. When you feel like crap or are acting like a crazy person, all you can do is sit back and laugh. You can't ever take yourself too seriously, especially when you're a knocked up basket case. 

READ all of my bumpdates by clicking HERE! 



21 comments:

Jess Beer said...

You're doing great! Don't worry about the weight too much - baby needs it, even if its not in your belly. :)

Michelle said...

aww cute! Love the pictures.

Schnelle said...

You have to put these photos together and create a photobook or something because they are just too funny and adorable to just sit in a hard drive.

P!nky said...

You still look fantastic my dear. All the weight is for the baby, you just can't see it ;)!

LOVE your hubbys pictures, so hilarious!

xoxo

the girl in the red shoes said...

I think you look great! Don't worry about the weight gain...I was the same because all I wanted was carbs....but once you start to feel better you can eat better, and it all levels out!

Nikki said...

I love your posts about the baby! Your husband kills me with his pictures!

Helicopters said...

What makes you think it is a boy?........

Ruthie Hart said...

omg jason is HYSTERICAL! I cannot wait to see what he comes up with over the next couple of months!

Ashley said...

Now you have me thinking about twisted teas and patio cocktails!! Of course this all has to go down over summer eh?!

You look great, don't worry about the weight!! Like Julie said, it'll level out...you won't feel like you're eating dirty veggies soon ;-) Besides, gaining weight means you're making a healthy little home for your nugget(or orange this week)!!

Lia Joy said...

Girl, stop it! You look GREAT! :)

Sarah said...

You look great but I totes know what you mean on the gaining weight thing! Your husband is just too funny I love it! We are just a week apart so I love seeing your weekly updates! Thanks for being so honest with them!!

J and A said...

You look awesome! So glad you aren't sick. Can't wait for you to find out if it really is a boy!! Jason's photos crack me up!

Katie said...

Aww I'm sure you will level it out soon!!! just easy on the carbs ;) Who am I kidding tho? I will eat like a MAD woman when our time comes. Yay for squirming around eeek!!!

Carolyn said...

Your husband is ridiculous. :) Love you both!

Kelly said...

Awww, but you DO look great!! I can in-person vouch for that ;-D LOVE Jason's photo, cracked me up for sure! So awesome that you and Carolyn get together for lunch walks. Keep those up and I guarantee you'll feel great-- SO fun :-D

Jenna E said...

Jasons picture is hilarious!! I can't wait for you to feel the babe move. It's such an amazing feeling!

Young and Fabulous said...

LOL Jason...what a classy mother effer

i just love you two SO MUCH! going to make the cutest parents to your now orange baby. Have you ever YouTubed "Annoying Orange?" iut made me think of that! hahaha

no stretchys or vom vom. I hope i am as lucky as you!!!

xoxoxo

ps. Wearing No pants. HELL YAH!

Jessica said...

I always loved seeing my ultrasounds!! So magical

Kristen said...

i'm dying!! your little orange is a baby!! it even looks like one in the sonogram!!! awwwwwwwwww

The Presutti's said...

SO happy for you :) You look fabulous darling : )

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aw so cuute! You look awesome!