Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Belly {16 weeks}

 I still have NO bump and I had just eaten a giant meal for my grandpa's birthday...so Bailey is covering up the bod this week.

Nugget this week...
...can hear my voice!
...is growing hair, eyebrows and eyelashes!
...is forming taste buds!

Size of the baby?  
 4.5 inches long and 3.5 ounces...about the size of an avocado. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss?  
 I'm still up 8 pounds which means I didn't gain any weight this week, which makes me SO happy! I know I need to be gaining weight for the baby, but since I've gained more than I should at this point, I feel really good about staying even. I've been putting a lot more effort in to eating better foods and getting out and exercising

Maternity Clothes?  
I'm still in my regular clothes, but I've been rocking the maternity swimsuit at the pool. 

Stretch marks?  
Nada. 

Best Moments?  
Last weekend Jason and I discussed some baby "hot topics" over dinner, such as Godparents, Guardianship (if God forbid something should happen to us) as well as updating our insurance, maternity leave, etc etc etc. It was GREAT to get those concerns out on the table and talk through them. 

Movement? 
Not yet. I've read some varying reports of when I will be able to feel baby, one thing I read said as early as THIS WEEK!

Food Cravings?  
Still no cravings. 

Anything making you queasy or sick? 
I absolutely cannot eat any meat. NONE. It makes me want to gag just thinking about it. And I'm still having trouble with fresh veggies. 

What I miss?  
Eating like a normal human. Trying to plan dinner or find something on a menu that is somewhat healthy is a real struggle when meat and veggies are

What I'm looking forward to?  
FINALLY determining the sex of the baby! Just 4 more weeks!!! 

Nausea/Vomiting?  
Not at all. 

Labor signs?  
I am already having anxiety about labor, so I try as hard as I can not to think about it until I absolutely have to.

Gender? 
I am still thinking BOY and Jason is still stuck on GIRL. 

Belly Button In or Out?  
Still in.

Wedding rings On or Off?  
All rings still on!!!

Sleep?  
I've been sleeping great! I still take a couple of bathroom breaks but other than I'm sleeping through the night. 

Wisdom?  
Take it one step at a time. I get really overwhelmed really easily and when you're having a baby there is A LOT to think about and figure out. I'm trying to take everything one thing at a time and make decisions as they come up. Easier said than done. 



Read the rest of my bumpdates HERE!





14 comments:

Stesha said...

I hope I am as tiny as you when I am 16 weeks!!

xx

brynn said...

i am DYING at that pic of j! hilar.

and YOU, my friend, are beautiful..and tiny!!

agalandherdog said...

I felt the baby move at 17 weeks, so you're close!

the girl in the red shoes said...

You look great! You'll start to feel more like yourself so soon, I promise!

Ashley said...

Aww you look just fine! You might start to feel the baby soon - you just may not know that's what it is :-)

P!nky said...

WOOHOO! you look beautiful girlie! I bet you will be a knockout inthe swimmy suit!

Your man is hilar your dog is presh!

xoxo

Carolyn said...

OMG. Your pic with baby Bailey is adorable... and you know how I feel about the hubs. Awkward. His leg is like the size of my arm. Just saying. Love you both mucho!!

Casey said...

I loved this post so much I included it in my series, Lots of Link Love, this week!

I would love if you shared Lots of Link Love with your readers, or come and check out some other fabulous posts from the past 2 weeks!

http://www.stresscasey.blogspot.com/2012/05/lots-of-link-love_24.html

xoxo
Casey

J and A said...

Oh my gosh Jason is so funny and you are a hot mama!!!

Kristen said...

awww how sweet! i love that J gets in on this, matt would hate taking my pics let alone being in some of them.

Jessica said...

So funny! I craved red meat! (I think I was lacking Iron though) and when it gets closer, you'll get excited for labor. Excited and nervous but at a certain point, I wasn't scared or afraid anymore.

Kelly said...

OMG. I just LOVE seeing what Jason does for the photos each week. Hilarious!! Glad you guys got to sit down and hash out the BIG details :-D Happy Weekend, friend!!

Kristin said...

omg his outfit is cracking me up

Nicole-Lynn said...

OMG loving these pics of your husband posing in front of your signs! Too funny!