Thursday, May 9, 2013

May Goals: Workin' On My Fitness

We're already almost two weeks in to May, but it's never to late too set some goals....am I right? 
This month I am focusing on my fitness. 

Jason and I just booked a trip for the end of June to see our honeymoon buddies, Billy & Jackie!
We're going to be by a lake, which means I will be in a swimsuit, which means I need to get this bootay into gear and I need to start like yesterday. 

One of my best guy friends, Ryan (who happens to be married to fellow blogger and friend Kari), and I made a little bet to help keep each other accountable...we're both on MyFitnessPal and decided that whoever could post more workouts before our dinner date in mid-June wins and the loser has to buy drinks. 


SO, with all of that in mind here are my fitness goals for this month: 

  1. Run/Walk 50 miles
  2. Go to at least 2 classes {yoga or zumba} at the gym
  3. Bring Kenley to another Mommy & Me yoga class
  4. Beat my previous 5k time at my next race {on May 18}
  5. Log calories on MyFitnessPal EVERY day {starting on May 5th...which was when I started logging again}.
  6. Do free weight arm work out every other day



Do you guys have any tips or tricks you can share to make sure I meet these goals?


16 comments:

Jessica said...

You can do it lady!!!

P!nky said...

Those are great goals, you got it!

Kari said...

I totally want to see you win! That way Ryan has to buy two drinks instead of you guys buying just one drink :) You got this girl!

Erin said...

My Fitness Pal helps me a TON. Sometimes I fall off track, but whenever I'm using it I do pretty good. I'm trying to run/walk 40 miles this month, get to a couple Zumba classes AND get my best 5k time on June 1st!!! :)

Bridget said...

How do you feel after each workout? You feel good and accomplished. When you don't workout you feel lazy and get down on yourself (at least I do). So when you can't find the energy to do it or feel like 'taking a break'...think of how you feel after and get to the gym or do your workout @ home. You will NEVER REGRET a workout...that is for sure!!!

Jess Beer said...

Great goals! I've fallen off the wagon lately and really need to hop back on...

Becky Borgman said...

I love how your goals are always so reasonable. I am just starting to lose the baby weight and I have really been liking cross fit! You can find a lot of different workouts online and they are easy to fit into your day.

Carolyn said...

You can do it Beeb!

Ruthie Hart said...

working out is getting TOUGH for me! I get so winded and am so tired.. part of me just wants to relax the rest of pregnancy and worry about it after he comes :)

Schnelle said...

I need some of your motivation! Can you send some this way? Best of luck to you!

Kelly said...

First off, ohmigoodness. That cartoon made me laugh out loud ;-D

GOOD LUCK with your goals!! Sounds like you have everything in place! I will SO MEET YOU at the gym anytime!! And just FYI, I got to HIIT and Zumba on Monday nights (5:45 and 7) in Savage and then a few other classes down in Lakeville but I doubt you want to come all the way down there. Just let me know and I'll meet you anywhere if you need a gym buddy :-)

OperationMommyHood said...

I always promise myself a treat when I meet a goal. It's usually something sweet. ;)

Kristin said...

You got this!!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

i deserve a big fat F in this department.
but i know youll do it and be so proud!
hot mama!

Sarah said...

I am a HUGE My Fitness Pal user. Oh... and I have a pup named Bailey too! Great dog name. Kenley is just adorable and I wasted too much time just now looking at pictures of her! Love the blog, love your beautiful family and I'm excited to be your newest follower!

The May giveaway for a new blog design ends tonight at midnight! Our Journey

love said...

zzzzz2018.7.24
canada goose outlet
ugg boots
ugg boots
christian louboutin sale
louboutin shoes
pandora jewelry
michael kors outlet online sale
oakley sunglasses
moncler uk
hermes belts