Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

Get pumped everyone! It's Monday...again. How does this keep happening?

Our weekend was pretty low key which was really nice.
Friday I slept in and spent the morning in bed with my best buddies, Kenley & Bailey. Then we spent the day with my mom running errands, shopping & lunching. 

This weekend we also introduced Kenley to solid foods! We started with Rice Cereal and homegirl LOVED it! She did so good and picked up eating with a spoon right away. 

Saturday I had to stop in to work for about an hour and then I did my weekly shopping spree at Target. That evening we celebrated my in-law's {Jason's dad & step-mom} 25 WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! It was so much fun! We went out to eat with my mom and step-dad and my dad and step-mom {they've all been friends forever...it's a long story}. But it was so much fun spending time with family and celebrating a major marriage milestone! 

After the anniversary celebration we had a game night with my brother-in-law. We played a couple games of Clue and a game of Yahtzee...all of which I LOST. Not to brag but I'm a pretty infamous Clue player in my family, but I got beat TWICE on Saturday. What the heck?!

Also major news, I changed the background of my phone to a pic of Leo from Great Gatsby! It comes out this weekend and I CANNOT.WAIT. The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books and the original movie is a classic...BUT to see my boyfriend Leo as Gatsby?! I am so excited! 

Yesterday was a gorgeous day in Minneapolis so me, J, Kenley and Bailey went for a nice long walk (4.80 miles to be exact).

After our walk I re-organized our "bar." Jason works for a liquor distributor so we have quite the wine & liquor collection. We always just throw the booze on top of our hutch and it was starting to drive me nuts. Now, it's nice and pretty! 

Last night we had a little mini Cinco de Mayo celebration with guacamole and margaritas!

I figured if we were having guacamole, we couldn't leave out Kenley! So I made a special little avocado & breast milk guacamole....needless to say, she was NOT a fan.

Before I go....I need to share a quick and hilarious story about my husband. On Friday night I was watching Gossip Girl on Netflix (just started season 5) and I fell asleep. Apparently, Jason just kept GG on and watched a good 2-3 episodes without me. So, Saturday rolls around and I ask how many he watched (completely shocked that he was watching it because all he does is make fun of it) and he says..."Let me fill you in....Chuck Bass lost his empire and then got it back but lost it again. Then Chuck Bass slept with a girl who hooked up with another guy whose dad is related to another dad. Then Chuck Bass got his empire back"
I of course start crying from laughter and he says,
"I haven't even told you about Rufus yet."

I die.

Anyways, I hope you all had wonderful weekends! Here's to a GREAT (and quick) work week! 

Linking up with Sami


10 comments:

P!nky said...

BAHAHA LOVE the GG recap, good job husband ;)!

That pic of avocado and Kenley is precious!

Christelle said...

Counting down to Great Gatsby, too! Leo (aka your boyfriend - hahaha) looks sooo good in the previews...hurry up Friday!

ROFL @ Jason and GG!! It always kills me when guys admit to watching our "chick shows"!:)

Jessica said...

Hahahahahaa. Love it that your hubby watched so much without you ;)

Bridget said...

bahahaha....love the story of your husband and GG!!! So funny!!! Glad you had a fabulous weekend!!!

Carolyn said...

So glad you had a good weekend!! :) I'm still LOLing over Jason watching GG and I'm a little confused how your daughter doesn't like avocados. Get with the program Kenley! :)

Ruthie Hart said...

How cool that your parents and their spouses are friends! That must make it a lot easier to see everyone :-) that pic of Kenley with avocado... hilarious and a little sad LOL! I hope she ends up liking it tho!

Katie said...

Pass me that booze collection ;) just kidding, I'm not an alchy. I love your Jason story..Billy would do the same thing I'm sure but he wouldn't admit to watching them at all I don't think haha

Jillian said...

lol to the gg recap and ahh target I can't wait til ours finally opens...my closet has tons of red in it in anticipation (I got hired by target on thursday!)

ajs {of MN} said...

i love when the boys secretly love girl shows! ;)

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

the picture with her little hat and sunnies - SO precious!