Monday, May 20, 2013

This Weekend: Be the Match

This past Saturday I ran the Be the Match 5k in support of leukemia & lymphoma. 
You guys may remember that in September of 2011 one of my dear friends, Courtney, was diagnosed with lymphoma at the age of 28. 

You might also remember that Courtney stood up as one of my bridesmaids and was a part of my very long wedding day while going through chemo. What you don't know is that Court didn't complain once, didn't skip a beat and rocked her wig with a giant smile on her face the whole day. 
But that's just who Courtney is. She is so supportive, positive  confident, and uplifting which is why she has always been a role model to me. 

I know that it was thanks to Courtney's strength, spirit and support than she was able to beat this and is going on 16 months in remission!!! I also know that not everyone diagnosed is as lucky as Courtney, so I wanted to do this race to help others in Courtney's honor.

Not going to lie, the race kind of sucked. It was POURING rain and due to thunder and lightening the race was almost cancelled. But, I ran through the rain and managed a pretty good time (for me) despite the 20 pounds my rain soaked clothes added to me.
Despite the weather conditions, it was a great way to start my Saturday. I was really proud of myself for running and was also excited to do this for Courtney.

After the race me, Jason and Kenley met up with Courtney, her husband, Josh, and their three-year-old son, Brogan for brunch.
It was wonderful to see them, catch up and let Brogan and Kenley get to know each other better. Brogan was so sweet and got Kenley a balloon AND offered her a bite of his chicken tenders. Melt my heart.

As for the rest of the weekend...

Kenley came with me to the office for a bit on Friday.


Kenley had her 6 month check-up and shots.
before and after. 


We went to my friend Sara's house to look at the 850 photos she took for K's 6 month shoot! I CANNOT wait to show them to all of you. And, Kenley got to play with her new pal Walter.


Kenley and I had coffee with my high school girlfriends, Katie & Abby. Katie lives in LA and was home for weekend and finally got to meet Kenley.
 Abby's hair (the blonde) is a joke...please don't judge her.


I got this SnapChat from Jason and my brother while they were golfing.


I went out to celebrate my friend Robyn's birthday, had a little too much fun and paid for it yesterday.


Finally we celebrated our friends' Todd & Tammy's January wedding at a gorgeous park in Hudson, Wisconsin. Sadly the only pictures I took were these of Kenley's first time in a swing.

It was another great weekend and am hoping this Monday and the rest of the week cruise by so we can get to the long weekend coming up!

As usual, I'm linking up with the darling Sami!


12 comments:

Jessica said...

Proud of you for running girl! What a great cause. :)

P!nky said...

WOW! What a fun filled weekend!

Looks awesome and props to you for running and WHOOO HOOO REMISSION!!

xoxo

~Dawn~ said...

So sweet of you to run in honor of your friend, despite the craptastic weather.

Can't wait to see Kenley's pics!

Christelle said...

So glad Courtney is in remission, she looks great and what a great reason to run in her honor! You're a real trooper sticking with it through the rain!!

Once again living up to your busy bee name, sounds like a great weekend! Kenley and Walter make for one adorable photo, too!

Jess Beer said...

I'm so proud of you for running. I don't run. :)

Kenley is growing way too fast! Her sitting up! CRAZY.

Carolyn said...

Holy busy weekend! LOL Good work on the 5K! I'm SO HAPPY for Courtney! :)

Bridget said...

Good job on the 5k!!! So awesome that you did that in honor of your friend! Looks like you had an awesome weekend filled with fun stuff!!! Happy Monday...

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Just found your blog and love it! What an adorable little family you have! Excited to follow along!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

ajs {of MN} said...

ugh i hate paying for it the next day! i love 1st time in the swing pics!

Sami said...

Oh my gosh Kenley's facial expressions are so animated. I absolutely love it :) Great job running a 5K in the rain.. that is determination!

Megan said...

You guys were busy! And that's awesome that your friend did that for you for your wedding. And even more awesome that you did the run! I am a registered donor for Be The Match, so I find it even more awesome! Looks like you guys had a great weekend! I can't believe how big Kenley is getting! So cute!

Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.5.24
adidas shoes
tory burch handbags
pandora jewelry outlet
reebok
christian louboutin shoes
adidas superstar
boston celtics jersey
michael kors outlet online
nike presto femme
longchamp handbags