Monday, November 23, 2015

{bump two} 16 & 17 weeks

Whoopsies, appears I completely missed posting a 16 week update. I blame big sister and her birthday festivities. :) So today I'm lumping the past two weeks into one post.

16 weeks.
 Mom :: +11 lbs {yikes!} // Baby :: appx. 4.5in & 3.5oz {an avocado!}
Baby is starting to grow toenails and it's ears and eyes have moved closer to their final position!
168 days til Due Date!

Week 16 was CHAOS. I was running around like a crazy person. I was super busy with work, was desperately trying to get Kenley's big girl room done and ready in time for her birthday and preparing for her party. I honestly don't feel like I had time to to even think about being pregnant. I did however have plenty of time to think about the fact that I was already up 11 pounds {3 pounds over the healthy limit for my size at this stage}. I try not to care too much about the number but when you feel like crap, have no energy and clothes aren't fitting for reasons other than baby - there's a problem. So I vowed to get back on track once the post-party dust had settled. Aside from that, not much happened as far as the pregnancy goes.


17 weeks. 
 Mom :: +11lbs // Baby :: appx. 5in & 5oz {a turnip!}
Baby's skeleton is changing from cartilage to bone and it can now move it's joints!
161 days til Due Date!

Thankfully week 17 was much calmer allowing me to catch up on some rest and get in some workouts. I got back on track with counting calories and while not ALL of my meals were pictures of health, I was able to stay within the healthy calories limits and didn't gain any additional weight. Working out and eating better definitely had a huge impact on my energy level but I also learned that this time around I just have to accept that I can't do everything. Early in the week I felt sick and had terrible cramps and I know for a fact it was my body rebelling against the busy previous week. I know the second trimester is all about energy and getting stuff done but working, caring for a toddler AND growing a human requires me to slow down a tad in other areas and make sure I'm rested.

The best part of week 17 was definitely feeling more movements. They still are small and I have to be laying pretty still to notice it but I can definitely tell that Ziggy is bigger as I am feeling the movements more obviously and more frequently. I can't wait for the movements to be big enough that Jason and Kenley can feel it too! I think Kenley will flip.

Other than that, not a whole lot else happened. I did get our gender reveal/my birthday party invites printed, got some fun ideas for our babymoon and added another Sprinkle to the agenda compliments of my awesome Beeb! I know that these next 4-5 weeks will FLY thanks to the holidays and it's crazy to think I'm going to be 5 months pregnant in no time! EEP! 


16 weeks & 17 weeks with Kenley.
{I guess I failed a 17week photo!}