Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Kenley's 3rd Birthday Party!

Over the weekend my little baby turned 3! I don't know how it's possible but a celebration was in order. It worked out perfectly that my Gophers were playing a rival game against Iowa on Saturday and therefore a Goldy Gopher themed birthday party was born and Kenely could not have been more excited about it {we are training her well.}

As always I started with my friend Erin, who designed these PERFECT invitations! I don't think they could have set the tone for the party any better!


As with any toddler-aged birthday party, the desserts were of utmost importance. I made some little Nutter Butter referee cookies to match the theme but everyone thought they were minions. Ha! I also enlisted my super talented friend, Natalie, to make me some football cookies and the world's most amazing Goldy Gopher Birthday Cake! This cake was the talk of the party! Not only did it look incredible but it tasted incredible too. The only problem was getting past the idea of cutting into our mascot's head right before game time. 


We kept the menu pretty simple with "tailgate food" and did hot dogs and brats, chips and dip, cheese and crackers, bacon ranch pinwheels, deviled eggs and goldfish crackers and fruit snacks for the kids. 

As far as decor goes, you all know my first stop was The Corner Balloon Shoppe! What's a party without balloons??? And, they are the ONLY people I trust to do balloons for my parties. The Gopher goal post might just be my favorite balloon arrangement they've done for me! I kind of hope it lasts forever! 

Beyond the balloons, everything was pretty much just maroon and gold. I also got some mini footballs and whistles as favors for the kids which turned out to be a cute centerpiece on the table. 

It was a great party filled with family and friends {even though the Gophers lost}. My favorite part of the whole day was watching Kenley's sweet little face while everyone sang her Happy Birthday, she looked so proud. She was also so excited she blew out her candles before the song was over - which was hilarious. 


Another highlight was the final gift of the night. Kenley's Uncle Nate and Auntie Bob {my brother and SIL} gifted her with her very own fish. The kids were going bananas while we got "Fafta" {yes, Kenley named her fish, Fafta} all set up in his new home.  
Another great party is in the books and I can't believe it's over. I am so grateful so have such a wonderful group of people surrounding us who love our daughter so very much. I was exhausted after this party but also felt so very grateful and loved. Thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate! 




12 comments:

P!nky said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww, what a fabulous birthday party. LOVE the theme, KK is so cute in her outfit, and the cake looks amazing. Glad it was a fun time and her lil Fafta fish is too cute.

Erin LFF said...

Everything turned out SO CUTE- as always. That might be the best cake I've ever seen and as always, the balloons are the perfect touch!! And those little bib overalls are just too much!!! :)

Kayla MKOY said...

I seriously can't even handle it. Everything is so PERFECT!!! :) the balloons, the invites, the referee cookies, the cake?!?!!? OMG. You win at life ;)

Anonymous said...

Great decor!! Everything looks STUNNING! I know when my daughter turned 2, details are everything (well, at least to us moms), and yours were perfect. Great touch on everything, and the invitation was definitely unique! I have never seen another one like it! Happy 3rd birthday, precious baby girl! :)

Angie said...

That is the most original and coolest party ever. That cake is awesome!!! So glad everyone had a great time!

Unknown said...

You did it again! Another wonderful, thoughtful party and mou felt very special. I loved her wardrobe changes! xo m

ajs {of MN} said...

perfect little party, all that tailgate food looks delicious!

chenlina said...

oakley sunglasses
ugg boots
louis vuitton outlet stores
kate spade
louis vuitton handbags
ugg boots
cheap jordans
louis vuitton outlet
toms outlet
longchamp outlet
tiffany outlet
toms shoes sale
toms shoes outlet
oakley sunglasses
adidas trainers
cheap uggs
ghd hair straighteners
christian louboutin pas cher
coach outlet store online clearances
nike roshe run
ugg outlet
ugg boot uk
oakley vault
coach factory outlet
cheap ray ban sunglasses
michael kors purses
louis vuitton handbags
supra shoes
ray ban sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
ugg outlet
uggs on sale
canada goose outlet
canada goose
michael kors uk
canada goose outlet
jordans for sale
canada goose coats
prada handbags
the north face
chenlina20160905

chenmeinv0 said...

ugg boots outlet
true religion outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
adidas superstar shoes
nike tn pas cher
ugg boots
adidas nmd
polo outlet
hermes birkin bag
christian louboutin outlet
2016.10.6xukaimin

raybanoutlet001 said...

michael kors outlet clearance
christian louboutin
basketball shoes
toms shoes
broncos jerseys
cheap jordans
michael kors handbags
patriots jerseys
eagles jerseys
cheap uggs

Unknown said...

coach outlet
coach outlet
hugo boss sale
polo ralph lauren outlet
ralph lauren
buffalo bills jerseys
houston texans jerseys
cheap ray bans
oakley sunglasses
moncler outlet

love said...

zzzzz2018.7.24
pandora charms outlet
moncler online outlet
ralph lauren outlet
cheap ray bans
christian louboutin outlet
nike air max 95
nike shoes for women
canada goose jackets
coach outlet online
pandora outlet