Thursday, January 17, 2013

Greek Bean Salad

Now that I am back at work and on the quest to lose baby weight, I've needed to put some thought in to my lunches. There's only so many sandwiches you can eat and they always seem to be a ton of calories and don't begin to fill me up. With that in mind I created a salad that is both healthy and filling and delicious to boot!

GREEK BEAN SALAD
1. 1/2 Red Onion (chopped)
2. Pitted Kalamata Olives (I used 1 jar which was 28 olives after the few I snacked on)
3. 3.5oz package of Reduced Fat Feta Cheese
4. 15oz can Garbanzo Beans (strained & rinsed)
5. Juice from half a lemon
6. Half a cucumber (chopped)
7. Dill weed (to taste)
8. 15oz can Black Beans (strained & rinsed)
9. 1/4 cup Olive Oil (I use the extra light)
Mix all the ingredients together and VOILA! a delicious Greek Bean Salad! The entire salad is about 2,000 calories, and I split mine up into smaller portions right away so they were easy to grab and bring to work.

YUM!

14 comments:

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

This looks delic!! I have been making a greek bean salad very similar to this one. Think I will give this one a go next week!!

Carolyn said...

That looks so good!!! :)

Nadine said...

This looks yummy, and I just love different kinds of Greek salad! Thanks!

Nadine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruthie Hart said...

YUM! This looks so good... I am all about feta cheese right now!

Erin said...

Yummm, that seriously looks delish! :) That looks like the perfect take-to-work lunch!

Sara Cate said...

This looks really good. Oh I miss Feta cheese so much! I'm 27 weeks along - almost there!

Kirsten said...

Wow. that looks yummmy!

P!nky said...

That looks yummy! xoxo

Chelsea said...

Ooh, this looks and sounds so yummy! Greek salads are my favorite! I'm adding this to my list to try :)

lo @ crazy ever after said...

This looks great! Adding this to my lunch rotation.

Anonymous said...

Sounds really good! For some reason I am partial to anything Greek. xo m

ajs {of MN} said...

num num! this is so much like a greek orzo salad i make, minus the beans. i could eat it EVERYDAY!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Looks very yummy!