Monday, August 26, 2013

A Perfect Summer Weekend

Good morning friends! This past weekend was much needed. After some jam packed crazy weekends it was wonderful to finally have a few days with limited plans. 

Thursday after work I grabbed some take out Chinese from my favorite place and went to my mom's to hang out with her and my baby girl. Since Jason and I cancelled our cable I haven't been able to watch the newest season of Giuliana and Bill...and it's been killing me. My mom recorded all the episodes for me and we had ourselves a little marathon. While waiting for the take out I tweeted about my plans for the evening and then a few hours later, I received this:
No your eyes do not deceive you - that is a retweet and a reply from GIULIANA FRICKIN' RANCIC. Needless to say I freaked out! And then had to explain Twitter to my mom. And then of course had to post the tweet to instagram, twitter and facebook! It was a pretty bomb way to start the weekend. 


If you follow me on instagram, you also saw that planning has officially commenced for Kenley's First Birthday Party. 
You know what they say - don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today, or whatever. That is totally my motto when it comes to party planning, so I am starting to get the things done that I can so come November I can be stress-free and enjoy my darling's birthday. 


Friday morning my mom joined Kenley and I on a quest to pick up something I purchased for the party on Craigslist last week and then spent the afternoon at the country club enjoying lunch and the pool. 


Saturday I was up early and off to Lake Minnetonka for my girlfriend Liz's Bachelorette Party! We started the day at her fiance's family's lake house with breakfast, mimosas and gifts. 
At promptly 10am our boat arrived and after some early morning beer bongs, we were on our way. 
We we were on the lake the whole day; stopping for lunch at Lord Fletchers, spending the afternoon at Big Island and eating dinner at Maynards. I had the best time catching up with my high school girlfriends, talking about boys, soaking up sun and celebrating Liz.


Sunday I got two glorious hours to myself at the pool with my book {I'm reading Prospice and loving it - full review coming soon} before Kenley and Jason joined me.
This little girl LOVES the pool, just like her mama {thank Heavens!}


The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning up, grocery shopping and other lame but important things. Now if this Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday could just hurry the heck up that would be great, because college football starts on THURSDAY!!! 


As usual I am linking up with the adorable Sami for Weekend Shenanigans. 
Sami's Shenanigans



11 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, you're right! What a perfect summer weekend!! :-D I bet your day on the lake on Saturday was INSANELY fun!!

Christelle said...

OMG can't believe Giuliana replied to your tweet!!! So awesome...LOVE that show and those two! :)

Love little Kenley in her bonnet, so precious! Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Have a great week! :)

Jessica said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!

twoboysandme said...

I freaked out too when I got a "twitter mention" from Jordana Brewster. I love her. Lol

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend though. :)

Carolyn said...

Looks like such a fun weekend! :) Especially the Guiliana part! EEK!

Sami said...

Love the G tweet :) I am all about college football this weekend and I can't wait. I know I say this every week but I adore your sweet baby. You can't help but smile when you see a picture of her!!

Angie said...

That friend was definitely a fabulous weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

A great girls night for sure. I am thinking Kenley and Duke meet in college. What a fun weekend! xo m

Karen said...

Our Tennessee Titan Flag is constructed of polyester, measures 3x5 feet, and has two plastic D-rings for attaching to our 6' aluminum flagpole or tailgate pole. The perimeter of our Tennessee Titan Flag is double stitched and the Tennessee Titan team logos are dye sublimated into the flag so they won't peel. Due to its large size, these flags are also perfect to hang on any wall in your game room, sports room, or office.
nfl house flags
nfl flags wholesaleMiami Dolphins banners
New England Patriots stars and stripes flags, House Divided Flags,Sports Flags 3x5, Sports flags and banners,nfl House Divided Flags

Unknown said...

La Nike Swoosh sul lato destro del torace 16-17 terzo camicia AS Roma è di colore nero, mentre una sottile striscia dello stesso colore scende su ogni lato. Anche se è previsto per essere utilizzato nella variante normale, il badge Roma sulla nuova Roma 2016-17 terza maglia potrebbe anche essere modificato in termini di colore alla fine.maglie calcio poco prezzo,
maglie da calcio a poco prezzo, Maglia Lazio a poco prezzo 2017
Magliette calcio Napoli

raybanoutlet001 said...

zzzzz2018.5.3
bills jerseys
nike outlet
nike shoes
ecco outlet
prada outlet
kate spade outlet online
coach outlet online
coach outlet
bengals jersey
adidas yeezy