Friday, August 2, 2013

I Want It That Way

It was a warm day back in 1997 and I was in 6th grade.
 me in 6th grade.

I was staying after school with some friends to finish our clay projects for art class and this song came on....a song called "Quit Playin' Games with My Heart." All the girls I was with had heard it before and said "Oh, this is the Backstreet Boys!"
But for me, it was my first time.

My life changed that day.

My mom's boyfriend at the time bought me my first Backstreet Boys album
and it was game over from there.


First BSB concert on November 19, 1998!

In front of a BSB album display in Chicago

My High School bedroom - ignore the bat symbol and notice the floor to ceiling BSB pictures that went all they way around my room.

The Millenium tour! 

16 years, SIX concerts and TEN albums later {yes I have them all} and I am still just as in love with them I was back then. Of course, it's changed a bit. I no longer dream of marrying Nick Carter, and I no longer have floor to ceiling posters in my bedroom but when I see the boys or hear a song it brings me back to my teenage years. Their music got me through heartbreak, good times and bad times. I hear their voices and I get goosebumps - it's cheesy but it's true.

Apparently people remember this about me too because I've been getting BSB related messages lately:


So back in June I was perusing the Backstreet Boys website {which I frequently do} and noticed they were going on tour! I basically spazzed the F out until I noticed that they weren't coming to Minneapolis.  My excitement was restored when I saw that the tour started in Chicago - a mere 1.5 hour long plane ride from my front door. I immediately e-mailed my mom:

"OMG! OMG! OMG! Do you want to go to Chicago for the Backstreet Boys concert on August 2nd?"

When I didn't hear back instantly I sent her a text:

"Please call me as soon as you can."
{keep in mind it was 7am in Arizona where she was}

I didn't want to scare her but I knew that text would get a quick response. Sure enough she called right away and 15 minutes later we had a flight, a hotel room and concert tickets.
This is one of many reasons why my mom is the coolest person on the planet.


As you read this I am ON the plane to Chicago, with my mom, to see the Backstreet Boys in concert for the 7th time. And I couldn't be more excited!


Have a great weekend everyone!
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


13 comments:

Erin LFF said...

SHUT UPPPP! BSB, Chicago and your amazing mom?!?! TOTALLY JEALOUS! Have so much fun!

PS- because you are spazzing the F out, that's the only reason I'll excuse you from not linking up with me today. You will be proud though, read it ;)

Jess Beer said...

So exciting! I know you'll have a BLAST!

Carolyn said...

Your love for BSB proves that we're meant to be Beebs for life. I'm more than a little jealous right now. Have the best time ever!

Also - I think you should try the posters on the wall look again. Jason might like it.

Katie said...

OMG that Bat symbol...I remember that obsession well :)

Jessica said...

Aahhh!! I'm so jealous :D

Erin @ Keep Calm and Sparkle said...

I share the same feelings only towards New Kids on the Block but I have to admit when they had their tour last year and BSB opened for them they were pretty darn good! Have the bestest time!

Kristin said...

Love it!

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

Oh, my heart is on the same page. I was always more of an N'SYNC girl but I really loved the two almost equally. I saw NKOTBSB last year and it was AHHHHH-mazing!!! Joey McIntyre and Nick Carter on the same stage? Be still my heart!! Hope you're having a blast!

ajs {of MN} said...

you. are. HILARIOUS! have so much fun! :D

Celeste said...

Ohhhh girl, I was an NSYNC fanatic, so even though we might have been enemies based on that alone, I can totally relate to everything about this. Anytime I see Justin Timberlake I feel a little pain in my heart...I'm still not totally convinced that we weren't meant to be.

Angie said...

You and your Mom have a great weekend! I was that obsessed with NKOTB all through school. I still know most of their songs by heart :)

Anonymous said...

It took alot of scraping and paint to repair your room but that was alright with me.
Thanks for the shout out!
I am pretty cool. xo m

Nicole J said...

Great post! I was so bummed when I saw the Boys weren't coming to Washington. However growing up I was a little more of an Nsync girl. So anything Justin Timberlake does I'm all over it... ::sigh:: il never get over that man. Now I need to go download the new BSB music cause I'm so out the loop!!