Thursday, August 8, 2013

Recent Recipes :: Spaghetti Spaghetti, Mashed Cauliflower & Salads

Lately, I have been getting back in to cooking and it's making me so happy! I really love to cook and experiment with new recipes, but when I got pregnant and couldn't tolerate eating anything other than Pasta Roni White Cheddar Shells, I pretty much stayed out of the kitchen. I've slowly been getting my groove back and have been playing with some new recipes and today thought I'd share some of my new favorites!

Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti 
  1. Bake squash...cut in half length-wise, remove seeds, place face up on cookie sheet. Bake at 450 for 45 minutes, scrape out "spaghetti"
  2. Cook ground turkey on the stove
  3. Add 8oz can tomato sauce and 4oz can tomato paste to turkey. Let simmer and add garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. 
Inspired by:


Chicken Cobb Salad
Fresh lettuce, Grilled Chicken {with lemon herb seasoning}, avocado, carrots, turkey bacon with a lite Greek vinaigrette dressing. 

Lite Pasta Salad
Cooked Quinoa Pasta, Turkey Pepperonis, 1 can Artichoke Hearts, Sliced Black Olives, Sunflower Oil & Dill to taste. SO YUMMY! 


Taco Salad
Ground beef with low sodium taco seasoning, onions, black olives, reduced fat shredded cheese, re-fried beans and taco sauce served over a bed of shredded lettuce. 


Greek Chickpea Salad
1 can Chickpeas, 1 jar Kalamata Olives {sliced}, Reduced Fat Feta Cheese, Cucumber, Onion, Sunflower Oil & Dill {lots and lots of dill}. 


Grilled Steak, Mashed Cauliflower & Asian Green Beans

Inspired by: 


annnnnd, now I'm starving. 


10 comments:

ajs {of MN} said...

Yah to cooking! I LOVE spaghetti squash!! :P

Tennille said...

These are all making me really hungry! I absolutely love spaghetti squash. I have always put the halves face down on the cookie sheet... so next time I will try face up!

Carolyn said...

Yum.

Stephanie Ann said...

Those are GREAT recipes. I can't wait to try some of them!

Sami said...

YUM! All of these sound sooo good!

Amanda said...

Those all look so delish! I think I'm def. going to give them all a try!

Jessica said...

These all sound soo good! Did your hubby eat this stuff too?! Mine wouldn't :/

Morgan said...

Yum, how do you make our mashed cauliflower, looks delish?

~Dawn~ said...

OMGoodness, they all look amazing. I am totally going to have to try that spaghetti squash. You think my kids will notice the difference?? lol

love said...

zzzzz2018.7.24pandora
moncler outlet
ugg boots
off white
jordan shoes
nike shoes for men
cheap nhl jerseys
kate spade outlet
ugg boots
louboutin shoes