Friday, October 29, 2010

I Love Halloween!

I had big plans to go through old photos and find adorable pictures of me as a child in my Halloween costumes, but all of a sudden it's Halloween weekend and I have yet to go through pictures. Instead, when I got to work this morning I made myself a spiced apple cider and went through my facebook pictures to see what Halloween related photos I could scrounge up. I realize pictures of me when I was eight and dressed up as a half librarian/half werewolf would have been way cuter (and yes I was half librarian/half werewolf….couldn’t tell you why) but this is what you get.

Halloween 2009
Every year there is a Gopher game the week of Halloween that is deemed "The Halloween Game." Everyone gets dressed up and goes completely crazy. Last year...I was a Gopher fan. How creative am I?
Isn't that "M" pumpkin the bomb? My step-mom is a pumpkin carving master!

These GI Joe costumes might be the greatest costumes I've ever seen...they have the little stand and everything!

After the game we went out downtown where I was a Gangster and J was a Referee

Halloween 2008
That year, we didn't go out for Halloween because the Gopher Homecoming was the next morning. But, we did celebrate with some other spooky traditions.  
We carved pumpkins!

We also went to the Trail of Terror, which is a haunted hay ride, haunted house kind of a thing out in the middle of nowhere. We met Jake & Carolyn there and had a blast....even though BB and I were too scared to do some of the stuff.

Halloween 2007
This was a great Halloween! My friends Courtney & Josh hosted a Halloween Party bus. It was a blast and was my first time on a party bus. I dressed up as a pirate. Courtney was one of the blocks from Super Mario Brothers, ya know the ones you hit to get capes or mushrooms or stars? Her and her sister were the boxes and their boys were Mario and Luigi....they were great costumes!

Halloween 2006
Halloween '06 was in the prime of my college days, so naturally I spent it at Delta Chi, which is where I spent most of my time.  I was a witch. In the picture I'm with my friend Adam who was dressed up as our friend Sean. Since you don't know Sean you don't know how great this costume is, and the best part was Adam acted like Sean the entire night and did it perfectly! It was hilarious!

And that's as far back as my facebook pictures go. I'll leave you with the pumpkins we carved at my dad's last night (mine is the cute little one on the far left) and a delicious recipe we use every year to make pumpkin seeds! 
My step-mom did the screaming one with the hands....how cute is that?

Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
-1 1/2 tbsp Butter
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/8 tsp garlic salt
-2 tsp worcestershire sauce
-2 cups pumpkin seeds (cleaned)

*Preheat oven to 275 degrees
*Melt butter and stir in seasonings
*Pour over pumpkin seeds and mix well
*Spread seeds on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour
 *Enjoy!

I hope you all have a very Happy Halloween and be safe!!!


8 comments:

Young and Fabulous said...

love all your halloween costumes over the years!! so cute..what are you being this year!

I'm gonna miss dressing up thursday/friday/saturday and even sometimes Sunday while in college haha now I'm like uhhh can i still do that!?

have fun girl! xoxo

Liesl @ FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle said...

How FUN! I have been wanting to pull out old Halloween pics, and just love looking at what other people have been over the years! Enjoy every moment of it his year and Happy Halloween!!!

Liesl :)

Miss K said...

very fun and cute! ps i'm still waiting for you to post pics from the zombie event!!

Bailey said...

That pumpkin with one eye is hilarious mom

Jessica said...

You and your friends have some awesome costumes. I tried to get hubs to do the green army man but he wouldn't do it! Haha

Annie said...

you really are just too cute!! love all the costumes you've been in the past!! glad you shared lots of pics :)
hope you are having a happy halloween weekend darlin'!!!

p.s. thanks for the pumpkin seed recipe, i'll be making some tomorrow!!

Cheryl said...

You guys sure know how to have a good time...LOVE the GI Joe get-ups!

Katie said...

I found your blog from Laura at There She Is (I went to high school with her) and so enjoy reading it!! I have the same love for a business as you do that's for sure :)
Follow me at www.lovenotesinabox.blogspot.com if you want!

~Katie