Friday, October 1, 2010

In the Zone

I'm obsessed with Britney Spears. Have been since I since I first heard "Baby One More Time" blast through the speakers of my Volkswagen beetle. I loved her when she was young and innocent, I loved her when she was sexy and scandalous, I loved her bald and barefoot. Is she the best singer? No. Is she the best role model? Heck no. Is she an amazing performer and extremely talented dancer who has gifted us with 23 Top 40 singles along with 6 amazing albums packed full with hundreds of danceable jams? Yes, YES and HELLZ YES! I have had the privelage of seeing the Pop Princess herself in concert twice and let me tell you they were two of the best nights of my life. That woman puts on a SHOW!
Circus tour 2009

Haters can criticize and bash Ms. Spears all they want, and truthfully I understand their points....but nonetheless, she's a legend and I will ALWAYS be a fan no matter the level of crazy! 

Tuesday night was like my birthday, Christmas and Halloween all wrapped in to one big bow shaped hour of legendary television. THE BRITNEY SPEARS GLEE EPISODE! By now I am sure all of you have either seen the episode or seen/heard everyone and their mom talking about it, but I don't care. It was epic. As if an hour of classic Britney hits performed by everyone's favorite 26-year-old high schoolers wasn't enough, the star herself had a cameo AND John Stamos guest starred....seriously....I thought my head was going to explode. I knew Heather Morris (Glee's Brittany) was a dancer but DAMN! I didn't realize how talented this little lady truly was and I am so glad the show finally showcased her singing and dancing talents. If you have or haven't seen this please watch it again and again and again.....


How crazy is that resemblance?! I was also a huge fan on Artie's rendition of "Stronger" one of my favorite Britney classics. I loved Rachel's remake of the "Baby One More Time" video but wasn't the biggest fan of the way she sang that song. But, check out how hot Lea Michele looks in the upcoming issue of UK's Marie Claire

I will leave you with some remarkable images of Ms. Spears, Princess of Pop. Great way to kick off the weekend....have a lovely one everybody! 
Sorry for the super lazy post, but Coffee Buzz was super busy this morning and I really do love Britney Spears!


7 comments:

Carolyn @ life, love & puppy prints said...

YAY Brit Brit!!! LOVE HER, LOVE GLEE, LOVE LOVE them together! :)

Mimi said...

i love britney spears too! she just went through a rough couple of years, and i'm really glad she's back!!! love her! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Miss K said...

love britney and always have as well! I've seen her in concert twice and have 3 shirts from the shows. the glee dance/song was amazing!

ajs {of MN} said...

A.W.E.S.O.M.E!

cbalgaard said...

I'll have to tell ya, Heather Morris absolutely blew me away! I had no idea she had all that goin' on! Her character is usually so understated. So fun to see her really shine in this episode.

Liesl @ FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle said...

Fun, fun, fun! I don't usually watch "Glee," but did watch this week for all the Britney songs...too fun and it took me back! :)

Liesl :)

Laura said...

ok.. so I had NEVER watched Glee before and decided to download it the other day and watch this talked about Britney Spears episode.. OMG. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I now have a new fav show added to my evergrowing list.. haha :) And i have to agree .. Britney Spears is definitely an amazing performer..