Thursday, October 21, 2010

We Have a Date!!!

HOLY MOLY! I am soooo excited! Yesterday afternoon we put a deposit down on our church and reception site which means  
WE OFFICIALLY HAVE A WEDDING DATE!!!

On Saturday, November 5th 2011 I will be marrying my best friend in the entire world in front of all of our friends and family!
I have been bouncing off the walls since yesterday! It feels so good to finally have a date. From the second you get engaged that's the first thing everyone wants to know and for the past 7 weeks we've just been shrugging our shoulders. Well NO MORE! We have a date!

It also feels great to check the two biggest "to-do's" off of our list! Now I can focus on all the details---the fun stuff, in my opinion! Whoop! Whoop! Whoop! (Still pumped, if you can't tell!)

Like I mentioned before we are getting married at Lake of the Isles Lutheran Church. This church is probably the most charming church you will ever lay your eyes on. It's located in a beautiful neighborhood right outside of downtown Minneapolis and is situated right on Lake of the Isles. The church seats 200 and our guest list is currently just over 200! I LOVE the idea of walking down the aisle with the entire church packed full of our family and friends. Wow, I'm getting emotional just thinking about it. Maybe if I keep getting emotional while thinking of it I won't cry like a baby when those doors finally do open. It's also really special because my mom and step-dad were just married there in August. We'll be married by the same pastor in the same church....how romantic!

We decided on International Market Square for our reception!!! D'amico does the catering so our food is going to be delicious! It is going to be beautiful and unique and I am so stinkin' excited!!!
HOORAY!!! 380 days to go!!! :)

14 comments:

Aubrey S. said...

That's awesome!

CMae said...

COngrats!!!! :)

Carolyn @ life, love & puppy prints said...

EEK! :) So excited BB. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Kaitlin said...

How exciting, congrats on picking a date!!

Caroline said...

Yay! That's Fred's birthday so it's a great day!! Congrats! Love the venues!

ty said...

congratulations :) it's beautiful!

Marian said...

Oh my goodness...how exciting!! Now everything can start falling into place and you have more than enough time!!! The church and venue look perfect. So excited for you!!

Leanne said...

So exciting!!! Congrats!

Miss K said...

So excited for you and J!! The marketplace will be an awesome venue!

Stephanie said...

Yay! What a gorgeous church. The wedding & reception are going to be absolutely gorgeous.

Jessica said...

What a gorgeous church! Reminds me of my grandparents church. You will have an amazing day with amazing family and friends. So excited for you!

Charbelle said...

WHOOHOOO!!!!! It's going to be so gorgeous!!!! So excited for you!!!!

Heidi said...

Congrats on setting a date! That is definitely a relief and the details are way more fun than the big important stuff :)

Nicole-Lynn said...

So exciting! Congratulations on choosing a date (and your engagement!). Looking forward to following your plans!

Thanks for becoming a follower at my blog and your sweet comment! :)