Monday, February 24, 2014

Funday Monday

So this weekend kind of blew. 

First of all, we had this super brutal winter weather equation:
warm weather {40 degrees aka snow melting} + snow {we're talking 8-9 inches} + freezing weather {10 degrees} = ice / ice / ice / horrifying driving conditions. 
Also known as, coming home from Kenley's doctor we got stuck behind a semi who couldn't get up the off ramp because it was sheer ice. Not to mention we had to cancel a play date with one of Kenley's boyfriends because of weather. BOO! 


Secondly, Kenley had her 15 month appointment {and shots} on Friday morning and for the first time she didn't handle them the best. Our poor little friend was so tired and out of it. And while it broke my heart, I did love the extra snuggles. 



And finally, I was sick...all.weekend.long. I have this crud I just cannot shake. I had Mrs. Grass Extra Noodle Soup for FOUR nights in a row and finally last night {after my sweet husband did the grocery shopping}, I grew a pair and made dinner, which was soup. Chicken Tortilla Soup. I had every intention of posting the recipe because it was really good but after making it, photographing it and then eating it; watching The Walking Dead and drinking a hot chocolate sounded like a way better idea. 

And now, here we are again, Monday-frickin-morning. I have nothing for you except that we watched Dallas Buyers Club over the weekend and I LOVED it. As much as I adore my Leo, Matty McC and Jared L deserve every award and nomination they have won.

Also, it's Oscar week! I LOVE THE OSCARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

And also, I am linking up with my Beeb and Molly for Funday Monday! Just because the weekend wasn't the best doesn't mean Monday can't be fun! 
still being [molly]

Plus, now you can get excited about a soup recipe coming up later this week!

YAY! 

10 comments:

Nikki said...

We saw Dallas Buyers Club last week and it was so good! Hope you fell better soon!

~Dawn~ said...

This weather is seriously RIDICULOUS!!! The roads are STILL icy!! And I have the crud, too :(
Hope you feel better soon!!

hello erin said...

oh geese. what a weekend. . . and not in a good way. here's hoping next weekend makes up for this one? boo!

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

Oh girl I feel you with the winter being brutal! Bring on the warmth :)

ajs {of MN} said...

i was down for the count all weekend too! aaron showed up with mrs grass soup, MY FAV feel good remi, and saved the day! ...i think we are all just SICK SICK SIIIIIICK of winter!

its a good thing you had baby girl snuggles to help you out too ;)

Bridget said...

So over this weather! I'm usually ok with it since I work so damn much until 4/15, I kind of don't mind it being crappy since I really can't enjoy it...but I am over it and just want the snow to melt (slowly)...so by 4/15, it's ALL GONE!!!

Carolyn said...

Ugh. This weather. NOT A FAN! Hopefully you're feeling better Beeb!

Ashley Brickner said...

Hope you are feeling better, girl!!!! The best thing about not so fun weekends is that usually means the next one is that much better!!!! :)
wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Courtney B said...

Yuck! That is an awful weekend! I'm sorry, mama! I hope you're totally feeling better now?
I am looking forward to your soup recipe! I FINALLY found a chicken tortilla soup recipe that I love a couple months ago, but I'm always up for trying a new one!
Eric and I are probably crazy, but we just can't get into the Walking Dead!!

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

Bummer that you didn't have the best weekend, but sometimes it's nice to relax and let your body recharge....and now I'm excited for this soup recipe!