Monday, February 10, 2014

It's the Little Things

When Kenley was itty bitty she would snuggle on my chest for hours. I loved it so much and would often fall asleep with her little face pressed up against my skin. 
As she got older and squirmier the snuggling pretty much disappeared. In part, I am grateful because Kenley loves her crib and has always gone down easily without needing to be held. But the selfish part of me want to snuggle with my baby. Then, out of the blue, it happened. Jason and I were out late at a Timberwolves game and had to wake Kenley up to bring her home from Grandma and Grandpa's. She was so out of it when we got home, I changed her diaper and then she rested her little head on my should and FELL ASLEEP!
I love that she squints for the flash even in her sleep. 

I sat with her like this for at least half an hour and even contemplated just sleeping in the chair. I know these moments are few and far between and it won't be long before she's too big to fit in my lap. It's these little moments that make being a mom my most favorite thing in life. My love for this child is limitless and having even just 30 minutes to hold her and snuggle her means more to me than anything else in the entire world. 
Thank you Ashley for starting this wonderful link up to remind us mamas of the things that truly mean the most. 


22 comments:

Jess Beer said...

Abbie did this yesterday...for the first time since Memorial Day of last year. It was so cute, I about cried, and I napped with her. So sweet when they do this!

Jess Beer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hello erin said...

I can't remember the last time lex fell asleep on me!! Those long time baby snuggles are totally the best... And go away way too quick :(

Jess Norden said...

I die when Cam falls asleep on me...it never happens unless he wakes up in the middle of the night, and we go on the couch together. I LOVE IT.

What cute pictures. :)

~Dawn~ said...

I just LOVE this link up!

And yes...those snuggles never get old. Even when your "baby" is 6 years old.

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

aww love this!! Evie actually fell asleep on me for the first time in 9 months!! I wanted it to last because like you said "These moments are far in between" :)

Nikki said...

so sweet!

Carolyn said...

BAH! Weston doesn't snuggle often either, so when he does, I make sure to soak it up! Jake will even say "he's snuggly - want him??" HAHAHA!

Jessica said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. Oh, those sweet, sweet moments. Caleb is almost 9 months old, and although he is still pretty snuggly, those sweet moments are fewer and farther between every day as he gets older. Makes my mama heart sad! But grateful for the moments when they do come all the same!

Kelli Gilbert said...

so cute! love that you cherished the moment!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Brickner said...

Love this!!! I think about this so much, I miss those snuggles!!!! Thanks for linking-up!!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Schnelle said...

There's nothing better than snuggles. Aubrey has been extra needy and snuggly lately the needy part I can do without but I am more than happy to snuggle with her whenever I can.

Katie said...

precious. I do this with Rocky and it makes my heart melt every single night it happens. I can only imagine it with a non fur baby haha

Katie said...

precious. I do this with Rocky and it makes my heart melt every single night it happens. I can only imagine it with a non fur baby haha

Kelly Slater said...

Seriously, one of the best things EVER! I love when our daughter falls asleep on me, although she's 2 now, so it doesn't happen often anymore! :o)

xoxo,
Kelly
http://walkinonsunshinetheblog.blogspot.com/

Courtney B said...

Yesssss! This happened to me just last week and I was in HEAVEN! I almost peed my pants because I didn't want to put her down, ha!

Unknown said...

gucci outlet
moncler jackets
jimmy choo
michael kors handbags
michael kors canada
jordan shoes
adidas outlet
coach outlet
nike cortez
hollister clothing
louis vuitton handbags
cheap nfl jerseys
ray ban sunglasses
polo ralph lauren outlet
birkenstocks
ralph lauren outlet
michael kors handbags
ysl outlet
michael kors canada
canada goose
cheap jordans free shipping
ugg australia
true religion jeans
timberland boots outlet
yeezy boost 350
gucci outlet
pandora uk
pandora uk
uggs
ray bans
adidas nmd
ralph lauren outlet online
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren outlet
2016913c,iayan

chenmeinv0 said...

ugg outlet
cheap uggs
oakley outlet
coach outlet online
gucci belts
ugg boots sale
uggs outlet
ugg uk
replica watches
louis vuitton outlet
2016.10.6xukaimin

chenlina said...

chenlina20161226
christian louboutin paris
michael kors
true religion outlet
nhl jerseys cheap
uggs sale
uggs outlet
los angeles clippers jerseys
moncler jacket
hollister kids
polo ralph lauren

Unknown said...

christian louboutin outlet
pittsburgh steelers jersey
michael kors handbags wholesale
los angeles clippers jerseys
nike store
tennessee titans jersey
redskins jerseys
ralph lauren
cheap nike shoes
cheap jordan shoes

Unknown said...

canada goose outlet
air max 90
coach factory outlet
mulberry sale
omega watches
coach factory outlet
Nike Free shoes
ray ban sunglasses
tory burch outlet
ferragamo outlet
20170701caihuali