Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Good 'ol Four Eyes

When I was younger I used to make up lies to tell my brother all the time. He was younger and had no reason to think I would lie to him, so he believed everything I told him....like that we had an older brother in college who never came home because he didn't like Nate. Or that a bar of soap was actually a delicious cake I baked specifically for him. But my favorite was the time I found a contact lens case on the ground at school...it was abandoned and empty, so naturally I brought it home (I was a weird kid). I then told Nate that I had contacts and every night before bed I would pretend to take them out and I would show Nate the "contact" on my finger....and even though there wasn't anything on my finger Nate would say he saw it. Fast forward 5 years to my sophomore year of high school when I legit needed glasses. What does Nate say when he hears this news? 
"But I thought you already wore contacts." 
I DIE! So damn funny. The poor kid believed me for years. 

Fast forward another 7 years and I'm wearing the same glasses, that is until my puggle puppy eats them. YUP! Straight up pops the lens out and eats them! I would have been furious had I not been so concerned about the shards of glass floating through my new puppy's digestive system. 
"sorry mom!"

Fast forward another 4 years to present day. I still haven't gone to the eye doctor to get a new prescription and I still haven't gotten new glasses. I have, however, been squinting at the TV screen, getting headaches at work and almost driving off the damn road because driving at night is near impossible. 

Then, within just days of each other I receive two e-mails, one from Jason's company informing everyone of the new eye care plan they've added to our insurance and one from Firmoo offering me a free pair of glasses....I took it as a sign and went straight to the eye doctor. 

Once I had my brand new prescription I hopped on to Firmoo.com, which is a global online optical store that aims to offer their customers "vision & fashion - the frugal way." I was super nervous about ordering glasses online because obviously I wanted to try them on to make sure they looked OK. Ya know how some glasses look so cute in photos but NOT at all cute on your face? Well, Firmoo has an awesome tool where you can upload a picture of yourself and try their glasses on your own face. 
Please excuse that horrendous photo---I was incredibly sick that day and took the photo with my webcam. 

After playing around with a ton of different options, I decided on these bad boys. 

I simply entered in my prescription and a few weeks later they arrived in the mail. 
{this would be my only complaint....they took forever to get here!}

What do you think?
I'm really happy with them. I was surprised by the quality. I figured if I was getting free glasses from a website they would be pretty crappy, but they're actually really durable and came with a nice case.

The awesome thing for all you peeps is that you don't have to be a blogger to receive a free pair of glasses. No Sir! You can head on over to Firmoo yourself because ALL new Firmoo customers can receive their first pair of glasses (or sunglasses) for FREE! All you have to do is pay the shipping!
Don't believe me? Click -----> HERE! 



9 comments:

Bridget said...

Those are adorable. I have gotten so far to upload my picture and check out a few pairs...still need to order some! I love your story @ the beginning...cracks me up1!!!

Carolyn said...

Seriously. I bust out laughing over that story every time I hear it. :) Poor Nate. Love the glasses! So cute!

Katie Hall said...

Super cute!! And those lies you told your brother are hilarious!

Erin said...

That story about your brother 'seeing the contacts' you took out is HILARIOUS!!! That's a story that I see floating around for a lonngggg time!

I love your new glasses! You are one hott momma! :)

Christelle said...

Oh the things we do to our younger brothers, haha! :)

Anonymous said...

Tootie-Librarian!

ajs {of MN} said...

cute cute!! i just got around to posting my firmoo review yesterday, wish i had a super funny story to start out my post, hahahahahahah

Ashley said...

Bahahaha your poor brother. I love it!

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! Poor Natie...