Friday, November 19, 2010

Asking My Girls

I have been so excited and have been waiting so patiently to have my amazingly beautiful and equally as wonderful team of Bridesmaids assembled. Because J's sister lives in Florida I  had to wait until our engagement party to finally have all the girls invited. J and I are each having six attendants and then we will have our two little sisters as Junior Bridesmaids. We decided not to have kids at the wedding and therefore decided against a flower girl and ring bearer, so our little sisters will take over those responsibilities. Read THIS POST to meet the fabulous members of our wedding party!

I knew I wanted to ask each of the girls in a special way. I tossed around a couple ideas but ultimately ended up doing something that I thought was cute and special but still easy and affordable. I had gotten the book, "The Bridesmaid Guide: Ettiquette, Parties and Being Fabulous" a while back and loved it! It's such a cute book! It has a ton of different ideas of what to do during the wedding planning process, complete with checklists, but it's also super funny. I didn't want to imply that any of the girls needed this book but it was helpful when I was a bridesmaid and is just such a fun book. So, I ordered 6 copies off of Amazon.com.
Then, I made each girl a card. I started by finding a cute picture of me with and my amazing friends. Then, using photoshop I added a meaningful quote underneath. For my sisters and sisters-to-be I used the quote, "A sister is a gift to the heart and a friend to the spirit" -Isadora James and for my beloved friends I used the quote, "...a true friend leaves footprints on your heart" -Eleanor Roosevelt. Then I sent these pictures to be printed at Target and they turned out great.....
Can't forget about the Junior Bridesmaids....
 
After the pictures were printed I attached them to light purple paper and wrote a note to each of my soon-to-be bridesmaids telling them how much they mean to me and asking them to stand up next to me on my wedding day!
Finally, I wrapped each of the books in black and white paper (of course) and attached the card to the top of it. 
Then came the fun part.... I met up with each of the girls individually and gave them the book! It was so fun! I absolutely loved watching them read the cards, there were a lot of tears and all of them said YES! It feels great to have the squad assembled and I cannot wait for the year to come and all the fun we're going to have together!

12 comments:

Beth said...

that is such a neat idea and so thoughtful! :)

Desiree said...

How thoughtful and what a great way to set the tone for your wedding! It's so wonderful that you're mindful of how special your bridesmaids are to you and that they're not just warm bodies in a dress to make the pictures look good.

Not that I know anything about being treated like that. ;-)

You're starting off on the right foot and your wedding is going to be an experience of a lifetime because of it! Can't wait for more details! :-)

Carolyn @ life, love & puppy prints said...

BB - I can't wait to be a part of your amazing wedding day! I am so glad we've had the opportunity to become friends. I don't know what in the hell I would do without you. :)

Jessica said...

What a wonderful way to ask a friend to be a Bridesmaid! Very cute.

Dillon Corona said...

I've been an avid secret follower and I admire
your creativity and intellect. It was a very thoughtful presentation to your wedding party. But what about that Thanksgiving pie, what kind, and who's house gets it?

KP said...

That's really cute. I love it! It's definitely far more thoughtful than any way that I've ever been asked to be a bridesmaid. :-)

Brittany said...

how sweet! I love it! Makes it so personal! I have a feeling your wedding is going to be absolutely fabulous!

Young and Fabulous said...

so thoughtful! looks liek your goign to have a GREAT group!! =)

xoxo

L said...

Aww! What a sweet way to ask, love the book as a gift thats a good idea! i love reading about weddings, looking forward to seeing yours come along :)

Sara said...

that is a wonderful idea! I am sure they will love their cards and cherish them for years to come. so fun!! I am looking forward to reading all about your wedding planning. It's a very special time. 10/23/10 was the best day of my life and I am still shining from newlywed glow!

Miss K said...

so cute!! such a sweet idea!! The cards look awesome!! so personal and creative!I'm going to check out that book for my MOH.

i made all my girls picture frames and I loved them...but one bm wasn't so happy with the picture i chose of her and ruined the entire thing of it and the day of my wedding dress shopping. woohoo, can't wait to see how the rest of wedding planning is going to turn out w/her....

Nicole-Lynn said...

I'm so sorry I missed so many of these great posts! :)

How fun! Love them! I'm sure your girls were absolutely thrilled and said YES of course! :) I 'proposed' to my girls with a box, ring pop inside. They loved it. I think it's fun to get creative with asking! ;)