Thursday, November 4, 2010

Checking in on the Goals

This past year I have set a lot of goals for myself. I had a New Year's resolution along with a list of 30 things I want to do before I turn 30. I thought it was a good time to check in and seeing how I'm going. 

My New Year's resolution this year was to run/walk 500 miles. I started off with a bang but have been clocking less and less miles as the year has gone on. I knew it was a lofty goal when I made it,. but what's the point of setting a goal that's going to be super easy to achieve? As of today I have ran/walked 287 miles. That's a lot of miles when you think about it, but nowhere near 500. As much as I would like to think I'm going to get a crazy spark of motivation and pump out over 200 miles in 2 months I have to be realistic. So, I've decided to set a new goal. The goal is to run/walk 1,000 miles by January 1st 2012. This way, I am setting the same goal for myself for next but not giving up on this year's goal. I think of it as giving myself an extension. I know I should have just pushed myself and achieved this goal, but I think extending the goal is better than giving up. Right?

As for the 30 Before 30 list.....here's what is going down.

1. Get married-Getting engaged was definitely a monster step in the right direction. I can't cross this off until I am actually married.....but I'm close! 

2. Have a baby-Again, getting married is a step in the right direction. I'm not ready for this major life changing step yet, but maybe in a couple of years. 

3. Have my business Coffee Buzz be profitable and successful-Coffee Buzz is doing well. It's not where we need it to be, but it's getting there slowly but surely. 

4. Go to Greece-No plans for this yet....maybe for our one year anniversary?

5. Buy a House-We're still a ways from this as well but it's definitely something we're planning on doing as soon as we can. 

6. Start my own Bridal Consulting business-Being engaged has given me a TON of insight in to the bridal industry. I'm not positive this is still something I want to pursue. In the meantime I am learning a lot and having a blast working at Mary Kay's Bridal part-time.

7. Run a 5k

8. Own a pair of ridiculously expensive shoes (preferably Louboutins, Choos or Blahniks) If I can save up some extra dough this next year I am going to splurge on some bangin' wedding shoes. 

9. Travel to Boston-Not yet. No plans yet. 

10. Become an awesome cook-I have been doing some experimenting in the kitchen but need to up my game. I think this winter will be a great time to try some new recipes.

11. Travel to Australia an/or Fiji- Nope.

12. Play in a doubles tennis league with my mom-J is a part time employee for Lifetime Fitness and because we are now engaged I get to join in on his free membership. Once my membership at my gym is through I am going to join Lifetime, meaning I'll have access to tennis courts. Hopefully then I can work on my game and eventually play.

13. Go to the Pac-10 Tournament in L.A.-Probably not this year, but hopefully next year!

14. Go to a Twin's game @ Target Field since I'm the only human in MN who hasn't been there

15. Buy my own car-My current car is still in great shape, so I won't need to do this for a bit. 

16. Go to a Texas A&M football game-Not this season. 

17. Get breast reduction surgery-Still too chicken.

18. Be debt free/student loan free-Uh, definitely not. C'mon people...come get lots of coffee so I can pay my student loans!

19. Eat every dinner @ the dinner table-We were doing so good at this! We've been slacking lately, but seeing this motivates me to work at it. 

20. Go to the US Open in NYC-Nope
21. Hit my goal weight and STAY THERE!-If they wedding doesn't get me there, nothing will. 

22. Read more-I definitely have been! I haven't read a book in about a month, but I'm about to start a new one. 

23. Have 500 Blog followers-I'm creeping up there....c'mon peeps! If you read, FOLLOW! 

24. Host a holiday-I'm thinking once we're married and have more appropriate serving ware I will tackle this one.

25. Organize ALL my pictures-This is a process! I got all of the pictures from my laptop uploaded to Shutterfly.com, which was no small feat. I've also been really good at uploading new pictures on to shutterfly, now I need to move on to the pictures on our home computer, then the discs I have and finally getting all my 35mm film transferred to disc and then uploading that.

26. Get a sewing machine and re-learn to sew-HA! Definitely not. 

27. Go to the NCAA Final Four-Not yet. 

28. Go to one Gopher football away game a year (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)-Unfortunately, I'm not going to achieve this one. Because of our Coffee Buzz schedule, we weren't able to make it to an away game this year. Maybe we can go to two one year to make up for it?
29. Learn to make Dolmades, Spanakopita, and Pastitsio-This is the classic Greek meal my mom makes every year for Christmas, so this year I'm going to help her out and really learn to make this deliciousness on my own!

30. Go to a Puggle Meet Up

Whew, I have a lot to do! I'd better get going on that....

8 comments:

Desiree said...

My wedding shoes were Badgley Mischka and they're fabulous! I think every woman should have at least one pair of designer shoes! :-)

Young and Fabulous said...

Love this list!! I’m a Boston girl and you definitely gotta make your way out here ASAP! Such an amazing city!

Also, love the idea of some nice shoes for your wedding..i personally like how people do the *something blue* when they lift the bottom of their dress and BAM…blue shoes! Or I’ve always thought about some sexy leopards for my shoes hahah something fun and different!

xoxo love the blog!!

Carolyn @ life, love & puppy prints said...

Love this BB. You're totally going to get all these crossed off. I have to say I am most excited for #1 (and #2 in like 2 years please.) :)

Marian said...

I'm so with you on the designer shoes!!! They are a great purchase...very necessary;)

Miss K said...

These are great goals and you can definitely do all of them!

ps i was pretty shocked when i read that you wanted to have breast reduction surgery! i just had no idea (and idk why i would know, but still shocked nonetheless)

on my list, i have a designer purse (like chanel or LV) instead of shoes bc i'm just too rough on them.

Jessica said...

I would love to own a pair of sickly expensive shoes but I just can't bring myself to do it. Maybe when I hit the lotto jackpot! :D

JoJo said...

Breast reduction surgery?! But..but..why?

Embrace the boobies girl. I wish having big boobs was my problem ;-).

Allison said...

I love this list! And I think every girl needs a pair of ridicuously expensive shoes. :)