Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thoughts on Thursday

I decided to copy my BB, Carolyn and post some random thoughts I am having on this chilly Thursday morning.

-My personal trainer watched Biggest Loser for the first time on Tuesday night and decided to try some of the workouts out on me....not cool. He kicked my ass and thought it was hilarious. I can hardly lift my arms this morning. I like being sore because I know I worked hard and got a good work out, but it hurts when I pour a latte and that could be a problem.

-In my quest to add all of the pictures I have to Shutterfly, I brought a bunch of discs of old college photos to upload, I cannot wait to see what is on these discs. I may have to do a post of all the random pictures I'm sure I am going to find.

-It is freezing this morning so to warm up I made myself a delicious soy chai tea latte BUT I was too anxious to drink it and just burned the crap out of my tongue.

-I am really excited for the new Chronicles of Narnia movie The Voyage of the Dawn Treader to come out! It comes out the weekend of my birthday! SOOOOOOO EXCITED! There's a new theater near Coffee Buzz that we haven't been to yet, but they have the VIP seating where you can bring in beer or wine and order food and sit in big comfy chairs! What a fun birthday date that would be! *HINT! HINT!* :)

-I am going to attempt to make a pie for Thansgiving. I am not much of a baker and have never made a pie before, so it could be interesting. I will definitely post on how that goes.

-Timberwolves games are fun again! Minnesota's professional basketball team has been oh-so-terrible for the past few years and it makes it really hard to cheer or watch the games. BUT, J and I went to a game on Friday and again last night and the games are starting to feel like they felt in the past. We have some great young players who are really coming in to their own and starting to play together like a team. We have a ways to go but there's potential and that's so exciting! The game that we went to on Friday, the Wolves came back from a 20 point deficit to beat the Knicks AND Kevin Love scored 31 points and pulled down 31 rebounds! I statistic that has only been achieved one other time in NBA history and it was back in 1982! SO AMAZING! The crowd was going bananas it was an amazing moment in basketball history and it was so fun to be a part of it!
Then, last night's game was a close one! It was a close game from start to finish and came down to two last second shots, one by the Wolves which we made! And one by the Clippers which they missed! It was another great and exciting game and it is so wonderful to see Target Center energized and loud again! And, I was on the jumbotron, by myself, like suuuuper close up. So embarrassing! I got a bunch of text messages and apparently I had like 20 friends who were also at the game. So random!

-I am so sick of people saying that Bristol Palin has only made it this far on Dancing with the Stars because of the Tea Party. She's not the greatest dancer but she's trying hard and people can relate to her because she's no a performer. She's just a normal girl who got thrown in to the spotlight. Why do we need to make Dancing with the Stars political?! Whether that's why people are voting for her or not, WHO CARES?! Can't we just go back to enjoying celebrities making fools out of themselves? Sheesh!

-I had a dream last night that I was on a fishing boat looking for dolphins with the Voltaggio brothers from last season's Top Chef. They were both trying to date and me but J was there too....it was very awkward. I know my grandma Alice made an appearance and so did my dad but I don't remember what they were doing there. So weird!

I'm just going to leave it at that.

12 comments:

Young and Fabulous said...

hahah completely agree with the dancing with the stars thing! they are probably just ragging on her because sarah palins alaska show just started! i agree that its just a show and its so funny to watch them be silly..but even more silly is that abstinence commercial that bristol and the situation are in..hahah

xoxo have a great day hun!

Jenny said...

I love Bristol! She is real and has come so far since the show started! And she is beautiful!

brynn. said...

i completely agree about bristol. people are ridiculous. i'm not her biggest fan ((dancing wise, that is. i really like kyle&lacey :)), but she is the underdog, and people want her to win!

Caroline said...

I totally agree with you on the whole Bristol thing. The show is about votes and if she's getting the votes, then she deserves to be there.

Carolyn @ life, love & puppy prints said...

Great job on the random thoughts BB. :)

Brittany said...

A) I am excited for my brother to come home and become my personal trainer!

B) Good luck on the pie!

C) Yay T-wolves!

D) SO exciting you were on the big screen!

E) every movie theater should have seats like that!

F) AMEN about Bristol Palin! If anything the reason she has stayed on so long is because EVERYONE keeps talking about it!

Mrs.Vid said...

I dated a guy in high school that was good friends with Kevin Love. They played basketball together at Lake Oswego. He's a really nice guy!

Miss K said...

i can't wait for narnia either, it looks amazing!

i agree with bristol on DWTS, let her be! if people didn't like her then she wouldn't have gotten so many votes!! she's very relatable and that's why people like her.

Marian said...

I'm going to be attempting to make pie from scratch for Thanksgiving. Scares me, but I'm excited as well. But will definitely be buying some back up treats just in case:)

Jessica said...

Re: pie - buy your crust and do either pumpkin or apple. Super easy. ;)

Voltaggio brothers were my fave of their season!! Good dream. LOL

-Sam I Am- said...

Omgosh I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog! We have some of the same followers and I'm pumped to keep reading! Your little bloggey is awesome, I love it!

And I'm a HUGE narnia fan. I haven't finished the books though so I'm really interested to see where the movies take us!

Have a great Thursday! You and your blog are lovely :)

CMae said...

I disagree about DWTS......I am kinda thinking the show is rigged now. I also, am Republic, a fan of her mom, but the girl is a HORRIBLE dancer and I had no intention for routing for her period. I want have wanted from day 1 Jennifer Gray to win. I think something is screwy with their "System" of votes