Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Habit Changers

I hate making New Year's Resolutions because I never follow through with them. There are some definite things I want to improve on this year and continue to work on for the rest of my life, so instead of setting resolutions this year I am going to strive to change some habits.

*Save some damn money! I have a serious spending problem. If I have money, I will spend it on anything and everything. Last week I wrote a post (check it out HERE) with some money savings strategies I was going to start implementing. I have started the implementation and so far it's going great. I just have to keep my eye on the prize (wedding, honeymoon, house, vacations) and it motivates me to to spend less and save more.

*Get this big booty in shape. This is my resolution every year, but this year I am getting married and if my wedding dress doesn't motivate me to slim down nothing ever will. I don't necessarily want to lose a ton of weight, I would just like to be healthy and feel great about my body. It's a lifestyle change....eating healthier and working out more. No problem....except that I love fatty foods and I'd rather sleep than run. But, I have a membership to a new gym and I'm really going to try to get in the habit of working out on a regular basis.

*Finish what I started. Last year I set a goal to run/walk 500 miles in the year 2010. I was far from reaching that goal, but I'm not giving up. Instead I am continuing the goal in to 2011 and am striving to run/walk a combined 1,000 miles from Jan 1. 2010-Jan. 1 2012, it's lofty I know....but I can do it!

*KEEP the frickin house clean! J and I are not dirty or lazy people but our house is always a mess. I think it has something to do with our job. We spend 90% of our time at work waiting on people, cleaning up after people, doing dishes, wiping tables, mopping, sweeping, scrubbing, etc etc etc. I think by the time we're actually at home the last thing we want to do is clean up after ourselves. One thing I need to do is clean out our crap. We have so much useless stuff just taking up space. I want to clean out and organize so that everything has it's place. Then once I find a home for everything WE (yes, you too JJ) need to make a conscious effort of putting things away and just cleaning up.

*Cook more! I love to cook and I'm getting better at it....not great, but better. I want to try new recipes and practice harder meals (I've dominated the spaghetti world) and continue to improve in the kitchen. I think maybe I should conduct some kind of recipe exchange, thoughts?

7 comments:

Marian said...

I feel ya on the whole cooking more thing!!

Caroline said...

Our goals are very much alike! :) Wishing you the best new year!

Miss K said...

Those are great goals and I KNOW you can definitely achieve all of them! You have so much motivation and determination I bet you get them all!! Good luck!

Brittany said...

Good luck doll! I need to make some resolutions too.. but like you said, I'm not good at sticking with it! I need to get busy!

Mrs. Bear said...

I hear ya on all of the above!!!

Lindsay said...

One of the best ways I've found to keep my house less messy is every couple days grabbing an empty laundry basket and going from room to room and filling it with all of the items which are "out of place". Then I carry the basket with me and put all the items back in the proper place. Super easy and time saving in my opinion :)

Good luck on your goals!

Kristin - Mrs. Glasses said...

Those are my resolutions too! Good luck, us! :)