Monday, January 10, 2011

The Bachelor Brief

Another season of the Bachelor has started and thanks to my DVR completely forgetting my love for the show, I missed the first episode. Luckily, ABC replayed it on Saturday and I was able to get caught up last night. I've always liked Brad Womack but was surprised and slightly annoyed when they gave him a second chance as The Bachelor, however, the idea is growing on me.

First of all, I am SOOOOOO sick of Brad getting lambasted for not picking a girl the first time around. I had major respect for Brad for being honest and not proposing to someone he didn't love just because he was supposed to! Sure, I was bummed that him and DeAnna didn't end up together, but it was better then him proposing just so they could break up 2 months later. I would rather be dumped by Brad Womack than proposed to by Jake Pavelka any day! And what about Jason Mesnick? Don't you think everyone would have been better off if he wouldn't have proposed to Melissa just to dump her for Molly on national television? I mean, I'm sure they all would have preferred that he had been honest and taken more time to figure out what he wanted. I absolutely love this show, but the chances of people finding true love are slim....yes....it worked for some couples and that's great! But, let's be realisitic. More Bachelor/ettes should be like Brad and be honest with themselves and the contestants and not make a mockery out of proposing marriage. It's a BIG deal. I would hope to God that if J had any doubts about spending his life with me he would take more time to figure it out before proposing....wouldn't you? So why this double standard for people on a TV show. C'mon guys, it's just dumb.

Enough of the rant, let's get down to business. The first episode is hard because there are so many girls, and sometimes the crazies lay low for the first couple of episodes. But, based on what I saw last night here are my favorite girls and my not-so-favorite girls, so far.


Emily is adorable. She lost her husband in a plane crash 6 years ago only to find out days later that she was pregnant. She is a true southern belle, she is classy and sweet and completely gorgeous! I'm excited to see how her and Brad get along, as she didn't get much face time the first episode.


Ashley S. seems so normal! She became my favorite instantly when she told Brad she wasn't going to judge him based on his last season. She said, everyone makes relationship mistakes and I'm not going to judge you for it. THANK YOU! Someone who has a clue! Every person you date, whether it's on TV or not is going to have baggage. She also got the first impression rose, so she's the front runner for Brad too!


I thought Jill seemed really sweet and normal, but I guess Brad disagreed. She got the boot the first episode and I was super bummed as she was one of my favorites.


Marissa didn't get much face time episode one, but I like her. She's a sports publicist and seems really cute. Plus, thanks to dumpees DeAnna and Jenni we know Brad like brunettes.


Madison......what is up with this girl? She thinks she is a vampire and is a complete and total idiot! You know the only reason Brad gave her a rose was because the producers want to keep this loon around. Yuck, I can't stand her.


Ashley H. annoys the crap out of me. She's the dentist who loves to "shake her booty." She seems really full of herself and she's bugging me right out of the gate. We'll see how it goes with this girl.


I have mixed feelings about Michelle. She is absolutely stunning, like so beautiful it makes me sick, but I can see her becoming a diva. It seems like the really hot girls always think they're better than the other girls and just assume they're going to win because they're hot....which always causes drama. I don't have anything negative to say about what we've seen of her personality, so I'll just have to keep my eye on this one.

So did you watch last Monday? Who are your early favorites?

I'm excited to see what goes down tonight!

10 comments:

CMae said...

I think everyone at least on Blogger who watches the show is rooting for Emily or ashley s.:)

Christina said...

I agree with you about the Brad thing. I was happy he didn't pick anyone either. Why everyone was so mad to me is ridiculous. At least he'll let you know where he stands.

Madison...whoa. Why did he keep her?

Michelle I feel the same way about. I want to like her, I'm just not sure what her deal will be yet.

Love Emily & Ashley S!

steph c said...

To be honest, I don't ever watch the Bachelor but I keep hearing things on Twitter, Facebook, etc, about this vampire girl. I'm so intrigued.. I just may need to start watching ;)

Katie said...

Emily is my favorite so far! I like Ashley S. too and Michelle is going to be total drama you just know it! Alli is a friend of a friend and lives in my city. Have a good week!

Kate said...

Emily and Ashley S all. the. way! Fang chick needs to go and Michelle is going to be the vixon everyone's jealous of. Can't wait for tonights episode!

Jessica said...

I caught the last 15 minutes of last weeks show but completely agree with you on EVERYTHING. Vamp girl? Has got to go.

brae&joey said...

I loveee Emily! She was my favorite from the start!

The Vamp girl is just WEIRD!! And Michelle just rubs me the wrong way!

Katie said...

I agree-- they kept harping about how he was a changed man, blah blah blah. But, what did he really do? Not fall in love with someone. I don't understand the big deal.

Vampire girl is ridiculous. But for him to keep around the girl who hit him in the face just shows that either 1. she's a producer pick or 2. he seriously has issues.

love jenny xoxo said...

I just posted about the bachelor too! Emily is at the top of my list as well, she seems like such a sweetheart! Can't wait for the drama to start!

XOXO

Leslie said...

I love your description of each girl because it's my exact thoughts! Emily is such a sweetheart!! I can't wait for tonight's episode!