Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: DIY Card Boxes

A while back I saw these amazing card boxes on one of the blogs I follow, She Said Yes! Marni Gold who is the owner of Custom Card Boxes was guest blogging and I was blown away by her beautiful creations.

After seeing these I decided to look around and see what others have done in the way of DIY Card boxes. Here are some of my favorites.
The last one is my favorite! So I got to thinking, I bet I could make one of these! It will take some patience to get the ribbon to look that pretty, but I the rest of it would be pretty easy, at least I think it will be. I think I'm going to try it! Not sure when exactly I will take on this new little project of mine but I will most definitely take pictures and share the process with you!

15 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh wow!! Sooo cute :-D I hope you do this as it would be a pretty awesome accomplishment. I the two from The Wedding Mam St (Is that what it's called? I can't really read the watermark) Love the giant "diamond ring" So cute!

Nicole-Lynn said...

All so nice! I bought a large white lantern for our 'card box'. I'll be posting about it soon! :)

Samantha said...

So Cute! What a great idea!

Christina said...

I love those! Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Jessica said...

You can totally DIY that!! :)

Ashley said...

love the turquose ones! let us know how they turn out!

Tara said...

I had the next to last one at my wedding! It had red ribbon though! I bet you could DIY!

DIY SCHOO said...

I help youmom

Annie said...

LOVE them!! i was totally going to make one of these myself when i was planning to have a reecption. i even bought everything to make it at joann's ;) i just ended up using the boxes for gifts, they are fun to paint and decorate.

Kasey Lynne said...

Those boxes are SOO cute!! I love them!!! 2 & 4 are my faves, but the last one is cute too!!

Good luck if you decide to make one.

Lyndsay said...

I always love seeing DIY projects. I'm not crafty at all, but I love seeing what other people can make. Those boxes very cute. I think the last two are my favorite!

Miss K said...

very cute! you could def make these!

Ashley said...

I used some of those same photos as inspiration for the card box I DIY-ed for my march 2010 wedding:
http://www.projectwedding.com/biography/list/JohnsGirl0310/diy-cardbox

Good luck with the DIY =)

Petchie said...

I love these card boxes! They are such a cute idea. It is definitely something different that would add a cute touch at weddings or other events. I think I might look into it as well, although it might be tough because my mom is really artistic but for some reason I have also no artistic talent whatsoever!

xoxo
Petchie

Jenn said...

so nice! we're going with the vintage travel theme, so we're using an old hat box for our card box. i love it! just have to find a way to spruce it up a bit.
~jenn
www.FrugalBride.tk