Friday, January 21, 2011

OMG, THEY'RE HERE!

When I was 16 years old my dad took our family to New York City for the first time. We did all the classic tourist sightseeing....we went to the top of the Empire State Building, did the Circle Line Tour, went to a Broadway show and went shopping down 5th Avenue.

First time in NYC

While on 5th Avenue I found myself wandering down one of the side streets, I saw a store called "Jimmy Choo." I had no idea what it was but I saw shoes in the window, and being a shoe enthusiast I decided I'd better check it out. I had no idea how much these shoes cost, but I was in love. I couldn't believe shoes so beautiful could exist and ever since I have been obsessed with Jimmy Choo. I mean, SERIOUSLY........................

When it came time to start thinking about wedding shoes, I knew I wanted something amazing. I knew I wanted a peep toe pump and I knew they had to be black (obviously). It never crossed my mind that I could wear designer shoes on my wedding day because how in the heck was I going to pay for that? A couple of months back my mom suggested that she would love to give me money for my birthday to put towards an amazing pair of wedding shoes! She was brilliant! I could use all my birthday money and get my first designer pair of shoes for my wedding. Unfortunately, because of my stupid car (read that story HERE) I had to spend all my birthday money on getting my car fixed. Thankfully I have an extremely generous family and when Christmas rolled around I once again had enough money to buy a pair of dream shoes! (A special thank you to my little brother for the Nordstrom gift card, my mom and step-dad, my grandma Alice, my grandma and grandpa K and my grandpa Dale for your generous monetary gifts!)

I found a shoe I loved almost instantly. I debated about whether or not it was "WOW" enough but decided that if I'm paying this much for a pair of shoes I need to be able to wear them again and love them enough to have them my entire life (and be buried in them, which I will be).

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you to the
Jimmy Choo Quiet
Black glitter fabric peep toe sandal:




Photos compliments of JimmyChoo.com

When you're on the website and you click "About this shoe" is says this:

"This product is the result of extensive research, resulting in fine details synonymous with high quality luxury."

LOVE IT!

I have been waiting patiently to get buy these bad boys, but I needed to have my mom there with me for support and excitement and because she's a snowbird and gets to live in Scottsdale in the winter I had to wait for her to come back to town. Well, last Sunday we went Nordstrom so I could buy my babies. Unfortunately, the Minneapolis Nordstrom doesn't carry this specific shoe, so I had to order them from the Chicago store. BUT, they did have the exact style in suede so I was able to try them on, make sure they fit, I loved them and could walk in the 4.7 inch heel (thank goodness my man is tall).
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

Please excuse the extreme paleness that is my legs


SO EXCITED!


Steve, the amazing salesman who was super excited to be a part of my first designer shoe buying experience. He didn't even think it was weird we were taking pictures!

PURCHASED!!!!!

Celebratory martini at Ciao Bella.

Then I had to wait.....................................................................

Steve (my wonderful salesman) informed me it would take 5-8 business days for my shoes to arrive on my doorstep. On Wednesday, I decided it had been 3 days and I should probably check on their progress. After a lot of phone calls to Nordstrom they tracked down my package and told me "they'd be delivered tomorrow!" O-M-G! Because Thursday is J's day off, I work from open until close, so I left J with very strict instructions to NOT LEAVE THE HOUSE UNTIL THAT PACKAGE IS DELIVERED SAFELY! He did leave the house, to bring me lunch (so sweet), but was back in plenty of time to wait.......

Then, yesterday around 2:15pm I was tagged (by my fiance) in a photo on facebook:

"shoes maybe?????"

Then I had to sit at work for 4 more hours before finally getting to go home and see my dream wedding shoes in person!




Omigosh you guys! They are the most beautiful shoes I have ever seen! But, unfortunately for you, you'll have to wait until the wedding day to see them on my feet! I will say, they are perfect! J even said "they're cute."

And, finally, the icing on the cake....I get to cross another item off of my "30 Before 30" list! WAHOO!!!

8. Own a pair of ridiculously expensive shoes (preferably Louboutins, Choos or Blahniks)

Whoop! Whoop!

Have a good weekend!

25 comments:

Katie said...

Awww YAY FOR YOU!!! How exciting and those babies are hot! They will look great! Make sure you break them in a bit (INDOORS obviously) and wear a pair of socks when you do before the wedding otherwise you will be dying the day of your wedding! Bet you are going to have a wonderful weekend now :)

Aubrey S. said...

Yay! I'm excited for you. I've web-stalking Blahniks for a while, and I may have to splurge on myself for my birthday this year (you know when I'm NOT turning 30).

Your shoes look great!

Nicole-Lynn said...

They are soo cute! Love them! So happy for you! The best part is you can wear them again and again! I love that the sales guy wasn't weirded out by all the picture taking! That's great! haha

Enjoy!!!

Annie said...

how exciting!! you are too cute! LOVE the shoes!! they are fabulous hun!
i love that you and your momma went out for martinis after ;)

Marian said...

Oh yeah, those are pretty effing amazing!! What a pick!!

steph c said...

They are GORGEOUS. You lucky lady! I would so love to get a pair of designer shoes for my wedding, if I can manage to afford them. You are going to live in those beauties, they're so sassy!

Samantha said...

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE THOSE!

Saying I do said...

OMGoodness congrats! Those are unbelievable!! Can't wait to see them on your wedding day!! WOWW!!

Carolyn @ life, love & puppy prints said...

YAY!!

Miranda Kaye said...

They're completely amazing, but wow I would fall on my face!

Jessica said...

Yay!!! I've never owned a pair of designer shoes, you are a lucky girl. I ended up buying my wedding shoes TWO days before my wedding because I just fell in love with them. Enjoy them my friend, they're beautiful!! :D

Laura @ Wine and Cheese, Please said...

Those shoes are gorgeous. Sigh. I want a pair!!

I'm so jealous! :)

Miss Puppy Love said...

Those shoes are HOT! I love them! Like Miranda Kaye, though, I would likely fall on my face in those heels! :-)

www.Wilkins.com said...

Beautiful shoes for a beautiful woman, but how are you gonna dance country western?

Lindsay said...

Those are soooo beautiful!! Love how you and your mom had a celebratory drink after! It's totally something my mom and I would do too :)

Maggie said...

Those are amazing shoes! Great purchase!

love jenny xoxo said...

sooo jealous!! Those shoes are AMAZING!! And plus they will go with just about everything! Lucky girl!!!

XOXO

Tara said...

omg! they're perfect!!

Heidi said...

Holey Moley those are AMAZING!!! You will get so much wear out of them after the wedding too! Congrats on the exciting purchase :)

http://www.jildorshoes.com said...

I would so love to get a pair of designer shoes for my wedding, if I can manage to afford them.

Charbelle said...

LOVING all your wedding posts!!! I can't comment from work so I read but usually forget to come back and leave you a note.
The wedding shoes are FABULOUS!!! So excited for you!!!

Miss K said...

That's so exciting, congratulations!! They're truly stunning!!! You'll wear them over and over again!! Love the back story and the pics. PS you have great calfs!

Kelly said...

WOW! They are just stunning :-D And WHAT a heel on them, wowza!! I would have been FREAKING out when opening the box. It's even more fun that you got to open up the beautiful packaging than just buying them at the store, yanno? HOW fun!!

Lyndsay said...

Those shoes are awesome! I love the sparkle! I'm a big shoe fan too so I can appreciate your excitement. Enjoy them!! :)

Kristin said...

LOVE them!! Perfect choice