Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June Checklist

Happy June everyone!!!
I think June might be my favorite month of the year.

First off, let's check back to those May goals and see how I did, shall we?

*Organize photos. 
I finally got all of my photos organized, uploaded to shutterfly and posted to facebook. Now if I can just keep up on it my computer won't be overloaded with pictures. 

*Redo Master Bedroom. 
I still have some work to do but I got it painted  and got new sheets which were the main concerns. I have a couple of art pieces I'm waiting on and a couple of other things I want to buy before I show it off...but it's looking WAY better. 

*Buy a crib!
EEEEEK! 
Our crib arrived this past weekend and I am SO excited! My grandma so very sweetly offered to buy the crib for us! Can you believe how generous and thoughtful and AWESOME that is? 

*Read a non-pregnancy related book.
I jumped on the bandwagon and read the Fifty Shades books....which I loved and hated. 


More about that coming in a later post. 

Holy crap! All my goals are GREEN! That's never happened before! :)

Next up, time for some goals for June:

-Work on my fitness!
I really want to work harder to stay in some sort of shape during my pregnancy. Apparently it helps pregnancy go more smoothly, helps with labor and most important helps with post-baby weight loss. I want to keep up my walking, start to swim and do some toning workouts at the gym. My BFF is a trainer and set up a good preggo friendly weight routine for me to do throughout my pregnancy.
So, this month I want to:
-Walk at least 45 miles.
-Swim/Workout in the pool 5 times.
-Go to the gym for toning 8 times.

-Meal Plan, sort of.
source
My crazy pregnancy aversions have been making it really hard to eat healthy. So I spent a night doing research and planning some meals that sound appealing and will give me the variety of nutrients me and the baby need. I'm not going to bore you with all the details but my goal is to stick to eating the planned foods and meals and also tracking everything in myfitnesspal so I can make sure I'm getting all the vitamins and nutrients that I need.


-Put together yearbooks.
I am totally copying my Beeb on this one. She had this great idea to put together Family Yearbooks every year with pictures from that year's events. Seeing that I am obsessed with taking pictures, this is a perfect way for me to actually use them. I want to get caught up and put together all of the previous year's yearbooks and get started on 2012's.

-Budget, Budget, Budget.
I have this kickass budget spreadsheet that I made that has helped a TON with budgeting each month, but last month was terrible in terms of spending! We were over budget in pretty much every category. So this month my goal is to be UNDER budget in every category.
Wish me luck. This is going to be a tough one!

What are you wanting to get accomplished this month?

17 comments:

Erin said...

You go woman!! Love sweet, generous grandma's! :) Mine keeps asking when we're gonna start a family because she "needs a new lil thing to spoil" lol!

We've been talking budgets a lot too in our household. Hubby just got a new job/raise so we have been shifting gears a little bit. Hoping to save lots of $$ for upcoming house projects! What budget spreadsheets do you use?!

I also want to get my photos much more organized. I've started doing photo books via Shutterfly year-by-year also! It's awesome!

Sorry this is a novellll ;)

Schnelle said...

Congrats on reaching all of last months goals! When I put together our wedding album I decided to do the same thing- make a photbook every year. Can't wait to see your new bedroom!

Ashley said...

Great job on all that green! I know you can do it for this month too. The picture with Bailey in the crib on instagram is adorable! Are you looking for more books to read? Even tho it's a prego book, you MUST read Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy, so flippin' funny.

Have you tried smoothies at all, to avoid all the aversions? Hopefully they go away real soon!

Ruthie Hart said...

I am on the 3rd Fifty Shades book and anxious to hear what you thought! I loved them :-) and the rest of your goals are awesome...working out (so cool your friend helped you with a routine), eating right and budgeting...I hear babies are expensive (you must share when you have yours! so I can prepare!)

ajs {of MN} said...

i look forward to your book review, i am on book two and so far i SO love/hate them as well!

Kristen said...

good luck! great job on reaching your goals! i love making photo albums, but they are so time consuming!!

Carolyn said...

Great goals Beeb! You can do it! :)

Laura at Saying I do said...

congrats on all you've accomplished! I LOVE that idea of the yearbook, that's perfect!

Katie said...

Good job on your goals you kick ass rockstar! I'm interested to hear about this budget spreadsheet. Could you email me what you did or the outline for it? I need to do one!

Angie said...

Good luck with your June goals. Looks like you kicked butt in May :)

kristen said...

I would like you to know that I had a little "scare" this weekend and I kept tell Chris Im scared because Kristin said shes always tired!! What if Im preggo!!! bahaha! He thought I lost my mind!

Holly said...

Good luck with your goals!!! Love the yearbook ideas! Seriously, that beeb is so smart!

I need a budget spreadsheet like nobody's business! I need to make that my goal for the month :)

Kelly said...

Congrats on being GREEN this past month!! Awesome news :-D Love the workout plan-- 45 miles! That is a lot but you can SO accomplish that. And I hear ya and you put it best-- I loved AND hated Fifty Shades, haha!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

HAH, I go a month overspending and then tell myself under under under for the following. Sometimes it works :)

Josephine Choo said...

You gave me lotsa ideas to my blog.Thanks!! I love the way you set your own monthly targets which I think is awesome.Thanks again!!

Kelsey said...

yay for all your goals being green! I cannot wait to hear why you hated fifty shades!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aw, so glad you're doing well. I'm so sorry it's taken me a while to check in with you! I have you on my sidebar now (I don't follow my google reader) so I'm hoping to stay more up to date with all the blogs I love! :)

The family yearbook idea is GENIOUS! I am so doing that now! I am JUST now getting around to choosing pics for our wedding albums and hoping to get them ordered soon. I would also like to get a "first married year" album done as well. Thanks for the family yearbook idea now.. loving that!