Monday, June 18, 2012

Our Weekend.

Friday after work Jason and I hit up Caribou Coffee to get a little boost in preparation for baby registering. 
Turns out...it was awesome! Jason might have other words to describe it, but I was really proud and impressed with how patient he was AND how many opinions he had.
Dad-to-be trying to figure out the darn car seat
 I've got to thank you guys for all your help on Friday. All the words of wisdom made the whole experience so much easier and way less overwhelming. I would highly recommend doing some pre-registering research. A lot of the things I had figured out beforehand so we could just quickly add them, then we were able to wisely spend out time looking more closely at those bigger and more important items. We also figured out way more than I had anticipated. All we really have left are little things here and there that we want to pick based on the gender. 
After several hours surrounded by baby gear we were in desperate need of some food. So, Chipotle is was. 
Pretty sure I could eat a Burrito Bol every day. 

Saturday was the absolute perfect blend of being super lazy and incredibly productive. It was a cloudy day and with all the blinds closed our room stayed so dark. Bailey and I slept until almost 11am, and I probably could have stayed in bed the entire day. 

Once I was up, I took Bailey for a nice long walk, did some laundry, hit up Target, Best Buy and Home Depot, took a nap, did some cleaning, watched a movie and got the baby's closet all set up. 

Sunday, Bailey and I were up early to surprise Jason with some waffles in celebration of his first Father's Day. The boy LOVES waffles. 
"Mom, may I please have a waffle?"
 Bailey also surprised her dad with a basket full of all his favorite stuff. 
After breakfast, Jason was off to play golf with his dad, so I spent my day walking Bailey, reading at the pool and swimming some laps.
Then I took my little sister for a Starbucks/pedicure date as a late b-day present. 

 Sunday night was spent with family at my dad's house celebrating Father's Day and Kara's birthday. 

It was another great weekend, now here's to hoping this week goes by quick because I'm headed to NASHVILLE on Friday! So pumped!

14 comments:

Carolyn said...

YAY! So proud of you and registering!! Now I can officially order the invites! WHOOP! :)

Hailey said...

So fun!! I am sure its starting to feel even more real! Have y'all picked out names, just a few days!!!

Caroline said...

Fred's dad laughed because Knox gave Fred a father's day presents. Glad to see Bailey does the same thing!

Katie said...

You and your sister are adorable. She is GORGEOUS. just like you :) how sweet are you for that basket full of stuff?! I did that exact thing for my dad but used a 6 pack of his fav brewskis! we're on the same page:)

Kristen said...

i'm so glad that registering went well! can't wait to findo ut if you're having a boy or girl!

Schnelle said...

Looks like you had a great weekend and I'm glad to hear registering wasn't as overwhelming as you were anticipating. That car seat is so cute with the polka dots and speaking of cute- your husband offering opinions and being all into the registering is beyond adorable!

brynn said...

i LOVE that you got J a basket of stuff for father's day from the pup...why didn't i think of that?!

so glad that registering went smoothly!

Amanda said...

What a fun weekend!! I loved looking at all your pictures!! :) I love the idea with the basket from the pup! Hmm may have to do that next year :) We made our fur-dad a tshirt with his paw prints haha for his 1st fathers day! xoxo

Ashley said...

What an adorable puppy! I died at that picture about the waffles! I love this weekend recap-- looks like it was a great one :)

Ruthie Hart said...

what a great idea to register pre gender so it isn't super stressful afterwards!! okay remind me...it's next week right?!

Nicole-Lynn said...

That sounded like a pretty productive weekend to me! :)

Erin said...

Glad to hear registering was (mostly) a good, fun time!!! I bet you guys cant wait to find out the gender now and add all those last things to the final registry!!! :)

Why is Bailey so darn cute?! I hope you gave her a waffle ;)

Ashley said...

So glad the registry process was a little easier than anticipated!!
I'm so sad there are NO Chipotle's around here. I always see everyone rave about it - I crave it!

Kelly said...

FUN WEEKEND!! Love that last family photo of you guys :-) I have a feeling that Greg will go into "dad mode" when picking out things for future baby too. Glad you guys had a fun time!

And yeeeup. I could eat a burrito bowl each day too. YUM!