Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Famous Guacamole

I am not a good cook. I know this. But, I can make some mean appetizers. My most famous is my guacamole. While I've wanted to keep this amazing self-made recipe top secret, I have decided to share it with you. Because I love you THAT much!

So, what you'll need is...

-4 extra ripe avocados
-1 large tomato
-1/2 white onion (chopped)
-2 cloves of garlic
-1 tbsp of Olive Oil
-1 cup shredded lettuce
-juice from 1/2 a lime
-Chipotle Tabasco sauce
-Red pepper flakes to taste
-Salt and Pepper (to taste)

Directions:
-Start by sauteing the onions in the olive oil with the garlic and red pepper flakes
-Chop the tomato, removing the inside seeds and nasty gunk (leaving just the outside)
-In a medium mixing bowl, combine the tomato with the onion mixture
-Add the avocados, mashing to desired guacamole texture
-Mix in the lime juice, Tabasco sauce and salt and pepper...until you achieve your desired level of saltiness and spiciness
-Finally, mix in the shredded lettuce
-Serve with tortilla chips
*For extra flavor, drizzle Franks Hot Sauce over the top of the guacamole before serving

6 comments:

Christin said...

I will definitely be trying this.

Katie said...

Me too! probably this weekend..will let you know how 'famous' it is :)

PS-It's Katie. BLOGGER is driving me nuts!

Bride-onicles said...

Love quacamole!! That looks delish!

Liesl @ FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle said...

I love guacamole...this looks delish! I kind of want some now! :)

Liesl :)

Michelle said...

I love guacamole! Totally one of my favorite things to eat!

xo Michelle @ A Little Bit of This & That

Miss Chelsea said...

you're a girl after my own heart!