Friday, June 10, 2011

What the H?

You guys--what is wrong with me?

I go in these fits where I eat really healthy and work out every day, shower on a regular basis, put on make up every morning, brush my teeth before bed, etc. Then right when I feel like I'm on my way to looking like this:

I get pooped.

Then, I revert back to my old ways and quickly start looking like this:

Sorry Brit, I hate making fun of you....but it was too easy.

What gives? If my upcoming wedding doesn't motivate me to slim down, tone up and get my butt in to gear, what will?

The problem is it's exhausting looking good. Those of you who get up before an 8 hour work day and work out before the sun comes up are my idols. How on earth do you do it? Granted I wake up at 5:00am...but still, there's no reason why I can't squeeze a work out in at some point in my day.

I just need balance. It's all about balance, right? I'm either eating 1300 calories a day and working out like a machine or I'm eating everything in sight and sitting on my a$$. Why can't I do a little of both? Maybe I'm just not wired that way....I'm destined to have cushion.

Blah.

12 comments:

meme-and-he said...

bahaha I am totally with you. either I am totally on track, or I wave the white flag. I can't be consistant!!

Christin said...

Ha! I feel like this some days. Everything in moderation is my motto :)

Carolyn said...

I'm with ya BB! :)

undomestic chica said...

I doubt you look like the second picture :) ....but it was a funny comparison. I totally get you though, I'm an up or down person, there's not really a middle ground with me when it comes to eating and exercising.

Katie said...

HAHAHAH I love your posts like this. Just don't go too hardcore and tire yourself out too much that you get BURNED out! yes, find that middle balance. I go through phases too of not working out as much (like this week), it's completely normal!

Ashley said...

I find that having variety and/or a workout buddy helps keep me motivated.
When I was trying to drop 20 pounds, I met with a friend 2-3 times a week and we would work out together. I also cut out soda/coffee...down to 1 a day lol =)
Don't go too overboard and deprive yourself of any of your 'normal' elements so you don't overindulge =)
good luck sweet girl!

Nicole-Lynn said...

haha this made me laugh because I'm the same way. I will go days of not spending a little extra time on myself in the mornings -- blow drying my hair nice, putting on my makeup at home vs. at work, etc. I wish there was more time in the day but we just have to plan out our days a little better and maybe fit things in where we can :)

Carrie said...

OMG, i am totally with you on that. Lately, i've been so into waking up early and working out everyday. Until laziness struck me yesterday. All i wanted to do was lay down and sleep all day.

:)
Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

Bride-onicles said...

I am the same way..so on for some days sooo off for others..I think once we get closer to the day I'll be more on track!

Jenna E said...

You are sooo not alone, I am the exact same way!!

Ambs said...

I am a new follower, and this post made me smile. First of all, I would love to look like the first pic of Ms. Spears, amazing! I am the same way, I was so proud of myself for remembering to take my makeup off last night when I got out of work at 2, but it's so damn time consuming sometimes :)
Hope you had a great weekend!

Fash Boulevard said...

OMG those pictures of Britney are crazy! I want the best for her but seriously i just don't understand her. I really think she has lost it. So sad. Great post though! :)

Thanks you so much for stopping by Fash Boulevard! I would for you stop by again soon! xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com