Friday, October 7, 2011

bff

There is an unthinkable number of reasons as to why this girl:
has been my best friend for 12 years. 

Here are a few of them...

-We have a routine called "Stanky Fish"

-She's the reason I joined my sorority in college

-She read The Hunger Games (on my recommendation) and then we devised a plan on how the two of us would win the hunger games---she would find berries and grass to keep us alive and I would kill people

-She made on of our high school teachers eat a booger flavored jelly bean

-She informs me of when International Noodle Day is (it was yesterday) and then this happens:

-When I need her, she's there

-When she needs me and I am there for her, she apologizes for not being there for me

-In high school she gave a demonstration speech on the different ways to cut a pineapple

-She knows EVERY.THING about me (more than Jason, more than my mom)

-She cracks up at the word "Werther's" and so do I....it's not even an inside joke, the word just makes both of us laugh

-She didn't bat an eyelash when I suggested going to Disney World for our Senior Year Spring Break trip instead of getting wasted in Mexico
to be fair, I didn't bat an eyelash when she suggested going to Long Beach for Habitat for Humanity the year before. 

-She's the most beautiful person I've ever met (inside and out)

-She is an incredible speller, which is great for me because I am not

-When I suggested we go to "Summer Movie Camp" (a camp for little kids, we were 16) she excitedly said "OK!" Then when I said we should instead make up our own pretend and much cooler camp she even more excitedly said, "Let's call it Tom and Peach's!"

-She still takes "pissed" pictures with me, even after all these years
2001
2011
-Every major thing I have been through, both good and bad, she has been by my side and my wedding day will be no different.

6 comments:

dottie said...

That was cute!!! I love the pissed pictures!

Hold her dear to you, these friendships are rare!

How do you take pictures of your iphone messages?

Jessica said...

You are lucky to have such an amazing best friend! Hang on to each other. ;)

Katie said...

This is so sweet of you. You 2 seem like you have an amazing friendship..that's wonderful and lucky to have! :) You look beautiful in that 1st pic!

Miss K said...

such a sweet post, every girl needs a bff

Kristy | Wholesale Roses Co said...

you made me cry... what a nice way to show a friend you love her than writing small details like these... congratulations girls... hope you take a pissed off picture at your wedding!!

Kristin said...

glad you have such a good bestie!